• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    So... My 30th birthday is Monday and I thought I would celebrate a bit early by shooting something. I wasn't going to shoot at Clark State Forest in Henryville, but thought the rain would keep down the crowd. It was a good day of shooting- worked with my new S&W 438 and did some plinking with the Bearcat.

And then, one of those golden moments happen. While myself and two other people are actively shooting, another guy just starts walking downrange. I immediately yelled to clear the range. The other shooters looked at me a little crass until they realized why I had so suddenly cleared the range. The guy strolling through the scenic mauled cardboard and beautiful bald burms suddenly looks like a deer in headlights. I guess after 20 yards he realized he had walked on to a live range.

I've heard of it but have never seen it- until today. I gotta join a club, or something.

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    That's one reason I don't shot there anymore. The last time I was there a f*#%ing idiot started shooting rocks while an ISP trooper was over at the LEO side.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That's why I only go there on weekdays, and I get there early, like at sunrise. Most gang-banger wanna be's don't get up early. LEO"S are supposed to sign in before they use the LEO range, simply because of the way it's situated compared to the public range. If ISP was there while shooting was going on at the public range, then I guess the trooper had a death-wish. Maybe he was training for running into the fast lane on I-65 to flag down a speeder.:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh yeah, just for laughs, count the bullet holes in the porta-can the next time your there. I have heard that they are gona start really cracking down on that place soon, and I really hope they do.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I am guessing that you were on my left.....
    I was supposed to meet a group of people that I work with.
    They saw the rain and stayed home.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have never had anything happen in my trips there. Only thing that is strange is the old guy that loiters picking up the 9mm brass. Guy could use some lessons on how to properly dress in public.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So... My 30th birthday is Monday and I thought I would celebrate a bit early by shooting something. I wasn't going to shoot at Clark State Forest in Henryville, but thought the rain would keep down the crowd. It was a good day of shooting- worked with my new S&W 438 and did some plinking with the Bearcat.

And then, one of those golden moments happen. While myself and two other people are actively shooting, another guy just starts walking downrange. I immediately yelled to clear the range. The other shooters looked at me a little crass until they realized why I had so suddenly cleared the range. The guy strolling through the scenic mauled cardboard and beautiful bald burms suddenly looks like a deer in headlights. I guess after 20 yards he realized he had walked on to a live range.

I've heard of it but have never seen it- until today. I gotta join a club, or something.

I had a bad experience at Henryville too, I have never been back and that was over 10 years ago. I joined a club.

Terry

2ridgebacks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Floyds Knobs
    There is a club that has an outdoor range in Borden. 500 yds. on the rifle range and out to 200 on the small bore/ pistol range. If any of you are interested, let me know.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Went to the henryville range years ago, to dangerous, am surprised their have been no injuries that i have heard of, if you think the holes in the porta potty are bad look at the fire tower.

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I am guessing that you were on my left.....
    I was supposed to meet a group of people that I work with.
    They saw the rain and stayed home.

I was on your right, shooting a couple pistols. Yeah, the only reason that I braved it on a Saturday was because I thought the rain would keep some people away. It got very busy after you left and the sun came out.

I used to shoot there frequently years ago. I was off one weekday a week and would go early in the morning. I met a lot of great folks that way. The weekend experience was new to me.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I only go there on weekday mornings, and it can still get sketchy. I'm thinking "club" too. I'm going to come up with some sorta INGO something that will ID me....

Top Bottom