• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Ran into that on Gunbroker. I have been a member of that site for 20 years and since I have done business on the site, they know my age. I sent them a memo asking them why a 20 year member needed to verify that he was over 18. They don't ask me that anymore.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Do you suppose they're afraid of legal trouble in some fashion? Lawyers rule the world after all, and everyone's afraid of getting cancelled done way or another.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Ran into this on the Cabelas website today and the NRA website recently:

View attachment 301925

That's just terrible. It's now illegal in some states to inform minors about firearms. I can't begin to even describe how terrible and wrong that is!
    Not surprising, they want the only voice in the youth's ear to be anti gun in the hopes they grow up to voting age to also hate guns and to also be in favor of losing 2a rights because "safety." Quite disgusting and underhanded really.

I remember when I was in middle school I was sent to the Principle's office for checking out books from the library regarding military tech and they had pages written about 1911's and Browning HP's. I guess reading them in class was to much.

I was lectured as if I did something wrong and that guns weren't something to "like" and were "bad." My school was also ran by libs.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I remember when I was in middle school I was sent to the Principle's office for checking out books from the library regarding military tech and they had pages written about 1911's and Browning HP's. I guess reading them in class was to much.
    And yet the books were in the school library? LOL. I wonder if they had a surveillance camera aimed at that shelf in hopes of "catching" someone checking it out.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    And yet the books were in the school library? LOL. I wonder if they had a surveillance camera aimed at that shelf in hopes of "catching" someone checking it out.
    I know right, they were unassuming with plain blue hard covers. lol

One of my teachers saw me reading them and talking about guns and they took offense to it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Last edited:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Not surprising, they want the only voice in the youth's ear to be anti gun in the hopes they grow up to voting age to also hate guns and to also be in favor of losing 2a rights because "safety." Quite disgusting and underhanded really.

Yes, I believe this is exactly the plan. The leftists already run all the schools, and now they are systematically restricting all other voices, so that all the youth will hear is the left-wing version of things. It's why the left hates freedom of speech so much.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yes, I believe this is exactly the plan. The leftists already run all the schools, and now they are systematically restricting all other voices, so that all the youth will hear is the left-wing version of things. It's why the left hates freedom of speech so much.
    Yup its why i thought of my middle school office trip for reading about guns. Mind you this was back in 2002ish.

I took it as they tried to scare me by being in the office as if i was in trouble for having the nerve for liking guns at all and that it leads to "trouble" hence the office lecturing.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

I was lectured as if I did something wrong and that guns weren't something to "like" and were "bad." My school was also ran by libs.
    Was that before or after the Libs were rewriting books to be Political Correct?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Was that before or after the Libs were rewriting books to be Political Correct?
    I dunno, this was over 20 years ago but all the teachers there were pretty liberal on their views and made it clear to me they didn't like guns or their private ownership among citizens.

Top Bottom