• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Played a little hooky this afternoon, snuck away around 2:30, ran to the house, picked up a couple of rifles, couple of boxes of ammo, my nine year old son and headed to the range. We shot up a 550 round box of 22lr and a decent amount of .38 spl along with a magazine through my FAL. Much better way to kill an afternoon than sitting in an office...

I picked up a little bolt action 22 for my nine year old son a few months ago as his first gun. Nothing special, just an older used rifle. He is fascinated by my .308 Savage 110 with the big bull barrel and loves playing the sniper in video games, so I put an old bipod I had laying around on it and a 3-9X Tasco scope that was sitting in a box on my shelf. He was thrilled to have his very own "sniper rifle". Once I sighted it in, he was breaking clay pigeons sitting on the 90 yard berm and pinging a golf ball around. He was also shooting pretty decent with my peep sight 10-22.

The Henryville range just reopened three weeks ago and word must not have gotten around. We were the only ones there this afternoon, had it all to ourselves.

A bad day at the range beats a good day in the office... and a good day at the range beats the hell out of it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'll second that, I joined Young's went for the first time last week. It was very hard to go back to work this week.

LOL.. Every drive home from Youngs shooting range is a depressing drive. I've been a member for a while and I've spent several days off of work up there. I love that place!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Kick ass!! Skipping out on work and spending time with the little ones is good fun. My gun range is only 10 minutes from home. Sometimes after a tough day I run out there and crack off a few rounds. The trap range is well lit at night.

Top Bottom