• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    VERY GRAPHIC. I do not know anything about if this guy was the winner or loser, good guy or bad guy, lived or died.

More than likely this damage (cuts) were inflicted in 2 seconds or so.

This is real life stuff. Please evaluate your training and kit. What could you do keep this man/yourself alive until help arrived?

Karambit on Yahoo! Video

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Uhmmmmm airway management pronto..... Keeping his airway open and clear is about the best thing you can do for this man while you wait for help to arrive, but he’s got some injuries that will make this complicated.

These injuries will likely overwhelm anyone without medical training. The guts hanging out really isn’t that big of a deal initially. Just cover them and hope they stay where they are at.

The slash across the neck is the injury that is going to kill him the quickest. Keeping his airway open and clear is going to keep you busy for a few minutes, assuming you have the tools to even manage this. Swelling of the airway and blood will be your biggest enemies here.

Looks like his trachea is slashed. In the event he stops breathing, standard mouth to mouth assistance isn’t going to get you very far if this is the case. He will need more advanced management (intubation [if the trachea is intact] or even a cricothyrotomy - hey they already made the incision...haha)

Either way this I don’t think this dude is going to last long without surgical intervention.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    this should probably go into the survival and disaster prep forum since were talking about evaluating kit and what not. i could keep him alive long enough for medics to get to him but if its any longer than that he is a goner for sure. i mean to treat something like that you have to be a trained professional and spent many years doing it.

i would like to see the video of it happening cause he got tore the f' up

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Uhmmmmm airway management pronto..... either way this I don’t think this dude is going to last long without surgical intervention.

You know what you're talking about. Not a fun situation to say the least...military medic/good emt within minutes is the only thing saving this guy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Keep the airway clear, as already stated. Get rid of the laughing lunatics, as to prevent him from going into [panic] shock.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    If I'm in a SHTF scenario and am looking like that, you have my permission to put a hollow point in my head. My soul's ready and I'm not about to got out dying from a slow infection death.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Amazing what a fairly small blade can do...

k6.jpg

and the video has been deleted...

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Took alot of guts to lay there getting video taped. Couldn't understand the language, but hopefully he is at a decent hospital. Surprised they are not rushing him back to surgery and sedating him.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :noway: Obviously this was the loser, and obviously the attacker was a novice.

With any sharp weapon, there are vitals you target for a quick death.

Disagree. We don't know what the other guy looked like. Maybe this guy DID bring a gun to the knife fight, it just took him a wee bit longer to deploy it.

I also agree with Shooter: if this was "sending a message" or even if this was "I gonna keel you slowwwwww, mang!" (i.e. torture) there are any number of reasons why a quick death may not have been the goal.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I disagree on both counts, from the video as the source of my opinion.

Examine the areas which were attacked. He was intended to die.

Most likely the individual was an innocent victim; There is nothing which suggest he was a gang member.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :noway: Obviously this was the loser, and obviously the attacker was a novice.

With any sharp weapon, there are vitals you target for a quick death.

Not necessarily. From what is known in this thread, the "victim" could have well been an armed attacker, getting a close range shot off. "Walking dead" the other would deploy the kbit from low to high, exactly as was done.

this is why you bring guns to knife fights.

No offense, but it's a mistake to think this way.

Top Bottom