11746.jpg

OldFaithful

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Starke County
    Real Cowboy Wheel Gun

If you're looking for a real cowboy wheel gun, then take a look at one of the muzzleloading (black powder) revolvers on the market today. Don't plan to buy an antique to shoot, but get a newer version based on the original styles. It doesn't get any more real than shooting one of these old style black powder pistols and seeing that big cloud of smoke! Try one of the 1858 Remingon Army replicas and you'll see what I mean!

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Old thread, but since you haven't picked one up yet, I'll chime in anyway...

If you're looking for a SA, then get a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Don't reload? This is the perfect time to start then. Oh, and you should probably start casting too. Married? Just tell your better half that it'll save you money in the long run. Lemme know how it works out for you. :D

If money isn't a huge deal, check out US Firearms. They bought the old Colt Hartford plant, and most of the machinery. After playing with a couple, those guys make a better SAA then Colt ever has, or ever will.

Cimarron Arms also makes some pretty cool SAAs, they base them off of Ubertis, but then go all American on them, and turn them into real nice shooters.

The Ruger New Vaqueros are also pretty nice SAA knockoffs, a lot of beginning CAS end up with them.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    definitely blackhawk or superblackhawk ....go with 44 mag you'll love it, also hunter model in stainless.

Top Bottom