• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm now a direct dealer with ADV Tactical (Andre De Villers).

Here are a few Butcher models, both midtech and custom.

ADV%20Tactical_zpsotcixtsn.jpg

Faine

Expert
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    That's actually shorter than I figured. Thanks! Based on that I'm guessing only the smallest one has a blade under 3" in length? I saw on their website they want somewhere in the 300 range for the small one, what's the actual price if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    That's actually shorter than I figured. Thanks! Based on that I'm guessing only the smallest one has a blade under 3" in length? I saw on their website they want somewhere in the 300 range for the small one, what's the actual price if you don't mind my asking?

Mini Butcher's have a 3.0" blade, and the full size Butcher has a 3.75" blade.

PM sent on the pricing

M67

Grandmaster
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't know why but this feels incomplete without something to show scale, is that sexy one on the bottom HUGE? Is the price tag HUGE?

The Butcher is a large knife, but fits your hand well. Mini Butchers are quite a bit smaller and more "traditional/normal" in size.

Can't wait for Andre to ship my Butcher back.

Brad, will Andre let you order (or even make) the Gen 3 Butchers without the disk on the back? I like the clean look of a straight flipper and the way Andre sounded at Blade was that he wasn't planning any models that were straight flippers.

He give you an ETA on the Hunters?

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The Butcher is a large knife, but fits your hand well. Mini Butchers are quite a bit smaller and more "traditional/normal" in size.

Can't wait for Andre to ship my Butcher back.

Brad, will Andre let you order (or even make) the Gen 3 Butchers without the disk on the back? I like the clean look of a straight flipper and the way Andre sounded at Blade was that he wasn't planning any models that were straight flippers.

He give you an ETA on the Hunters?

I don't have an answer to any of your questions, but I will find out and let you know.

To be clear on what you are asking.....Removal of the thumb disk on the spine of the blade? What you are calling the "Hunter" models, are you referring to the "Pathfinder" model which is just like the Butcher model with a drop point style blade instead of the wharncliffe blade? Let me know and I'll find out what Andre has to say.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The first thing you notice about the AdV knives is the amount of high end machining that goes into them. The work is really nice and the design is visually very cool.

When you handle one, they're built like a bank vault. The blade stock is thick, but the wide blade is hollow ground and the cutting edge is deceptively thin. It's a bit of overkill, but it makes a superior steak knife!

The flipping action is impressive as well. All flippers take slightly different technique since the lever is located at different locations relative to the pivot, but once you figure it out, the Butcher flips really well with no wrist action required. Part of that is the roller bearing, part is the tolerances when building and fitting, and part is that the blade is massive enough that once you give it the necessary angular momentum, it will keep going until it locks regardless of the orientation of the knife.

I declare the mid tech AdV Butcher: Awesome.

iChokePeople

Master
    Feb 11, 2011
    The first thing you notice about the AdV knives is the amount of high end machining that goes into them. The work is really nice and the design is visually very cool.

When you handle one, they're built like a bank vault. The blade stock is thick, but the wide blade is hollow ground and the cutting edge is deceptively thin. It's a bit of overkill, but it makes a superior steak knife!

The flipping action is impressive as well. All flippers take slightly different technique since the lever is located at different locations relative to the pivot, but once you figure it out, the Butcher flips really well with no wrist action required. Part of that is the roller bearing, part is the tolerances when building and fitting, and part is that the blade is massive enough that once you give it the necessary angular momentum, it will keep going until it locks regardless of the orientation of the knife.

I declare the mid tech AdV Butcher: Awesome.

I fondled rhino's Butcher at a recent class and would agree, that's a beast. And extremely smooth, sexy flipping action.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why didn't you people tell me about these? Mother of Pearl.

We don't like you.

If you had attended the gun show properly (i.e. spent most of your time hovering around Brad's tables), you would have seen for yourself and would now be flipping yours.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We don't like you.

That's hardly an excuse. Everyone doesn't like me.

Even if you don't like me, you could have told me about these knives. Good grief, I'm in love.

If you had attended the gun show properly (i.e. spent most of your time hovering around Brad's tables), you would have seen for yourself and would now be flipping yours.

It was the Bike & Brew Indy Ride. You know I don't miss those.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's hardly an excuse. Everyone doesn't like me.

Even if you don't like me, you could have told me about these knives. Good grief, I'm in love.

It was the Bike & Brew Indy Ride. You know I don't miss those.

We all make choices and in this case, you made the wrong choice!

I'm sure you can call or email Brad and find a way to rectify your error.

Top Bottom