• ...and so much more!
  • boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Hey gang,

Opposite of an introduction post - sad to say that after next week I will no longer be in Indiana after having been here 17 years.

Being a small town guy from Hereford, Texas; Indiana has felt like home to me. It's just like the Texas Panhandle.... except with trees, rivers, lakes, hills, it's colder, the winters are longer, spring time actually blooms.... but other than that, it's just like the Panhandle. :):

Which is the long way of saying I loved it here, and have really enjoyed this site, as well. It's a top notch discussion site, bought and sold a few pieces off of here.

I'm heading out for a new job in North Carolina, gun collection and all.... I hope y'all manage to keep Indiana's gun laws among the freest in the nation. I also hope as I check back in from time to time to keep finding threads praising and hating the 1500, asking if the smaller shows are worth going to, and asking if they should buy a Mosin (yes!).

If any of y'all are surplus arms ppl, I do lurk a lot on Gunboards.com and Surplusrifle Forum • Index page under the same username.

If y'all know of any site in NC as good as this one, I'd love to hear it, too.

Thanks!
    Glen

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just keep in mind, if you have an Indiana lifetime firearm license, you can reactivate it when you return.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Be safe in your travels, and best of luck when you get to NC. It's been many years since I've been there, but my Grandmother lived in Gastonia for many years, and I always enjoyed my visits there.:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That area is some of the most beautiful country I have seen. You will love it and the people.
    Best of luck to you. It is the inerwebs so stay on board.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Surely the internet extends clear to North Carolina. There is no reason to abandon us because of geography.

Keep in touch.

Was it something that Bunnykid said?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :yesway:
    Congrat's on the move to a great,beautiful part o' the Country!....:rockwoot:
    I 'specially like area's like .....Cherokee.....Ashville.....whole area. I've been to the Biltmore.....WOW!...:rockwoot: The ex is from Wilmington,LOL...:): we still communicate some,hahahaha.......we ain't mortal enemies,LOL! :):

It's got the best both worlds......great mountainous region......or go east if ya wanna see the coast/ocean.....:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good luck in your new endeavors! If you decide that NC isn't to your liking, come on back!

Oh, might want to check the FAQ, but I don't think there is anything that says you have to be an Indiana resident to post on INGO.:D

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hey gang,

Opposite of an introduction post - sad to say that after next week I will no longer be in Indiana after having been here 17 years.

Being a small town guy from Hereford, Texas; Indiana has felt like home to me. It's just like the Texas Panhandle.... except with trees, rivers, lakes, hills, it's colder, the winters are longer, spring time actually blooms.... but other than that, it's just like the Panhandle. :):

Which is the long way of saying I loved it here, and have really enjoyed this site, as well. It's a top notch discussion site, bought and sold a few pieces off of here.

I'm heading out for a new job in North Carolina, gun collection and all.... I hope y'all manage to keep Indiana's gun laws among the freest in the nation. I also hope as I check back in from time to time to keep finding threads praising and hating the 1500, asking if the smaller shows are worth going to, and asking if they should buy a Mosin (yes!).

If any of y'all are surplus arms ppl, I do lurk a lot on Gunboards.com and Surplusrifle Forum • Index page under the same username.

Thanks!
    Glen

I know Hereford well. I lived in Amarillo for five years and that is where I met my wife who was born and raised there. She has many times told me the story of how she and a friend rode their bikes to Hereford one day when they were kids just for the adventure.

I am glad that enjoyed Indiana, we have too. I think NC will be great for you.:yesway:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Good luck in your travels. NC is beautiful country, going to stop by this year while on vacation. You'll love the mountains, I think. Their BBQ is different. BTW.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good luck in your travels. NC is beautiful country, going to stop by this year while on vacation. You'll love the mountains, I think. Their BBQ is different. BTW.

Yes because they add flavor down south :D safe travels but there's no reason to leave ingo, SC has the enternet.... I think

Last edited:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Thanks, y'all! Will definitely still keep an eye on here. Not about to give up classic threads like "You can own and carry but?"

:):

As an added bonus, Chris (KRC Refinishing) just finished a park' job on my "rescue" K-11. Wow.... what nice work. I'll have to hand carry this one with me so I can have something to tinker on while I'm waiting for the moving van to show up with the rest of my stuff.

It's been fun! Hope I get to see Indy several more times in the future!
    :ingo:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey gang,

Thanks!
    Glen

I grew up down in the Valley and love it here. Hope you find comfort where you are going. Good luck.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Good luck in NC. NC, at least the mountain areas, are a place I wouldn't mind moving to for a job if need be, or retiring if that ever happens. Just went out there last fall and the Boone/Blowing Rock area is awesome. In fact, the entire Blue Ridge Mountain range area is awesome. If you like the wilderness and short or long hikes, you will have a lot of that available.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I do know I saw a few retirement-type places, driving through the mountains after we'd been in Cherokee. Just give me a patch of ground, some running water, and not too many neighbors. I'll do fine.

Top Bottom