Adding speakers to the motorcycle, thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    A radio on my old Pan...... LOL. It would never hold up.I can see it bouncing down the asphalt already. .. Besides I kinna like hearing that old FL run.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the last of a long line of bikes I owned. The only one with a radio and I used it one time. Irritated the hell put of me. Worthless on the highway.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Saw a guy with something similar to this today, only his speakers were bigger, and in a plastic shroud..

4405-0240c_boom_cans_close.jpg

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    We just installed a full sound system in the hard bags ,last week . It was a hell of a job , sounded good - but not my cup of tea - not my bike .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We just installed a full sound system in the hard bags ,last week . It was a hell of a job , sounded good - but not my cup of tea - not my bike .

There is also the issue of having enough power to run a good system. Only so much currant available on a bike not designed for the load.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    If you wear a helmet there are several systems that are bluetooth and other helmets have spots for headphones.. you can talk to others in a group or your passenger but helmet is required... options are better with the helmet type, they link to your phone so if you need you can take a call or listen to your tunes from your phone, many choices and they keep getting better. I looked at a helmet with bluetooth built in but it was really cheap, hope they get better. Sorry I dont have any links for those but google will be a good place to start.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't understand radios on motorcycles. A motorcycle is meant to be free, free of riding in a cage. You're suppose to feel the wind, listen to nature. Be able to admire the view that you can't see in a car.

Radios on a bike are stupid.

+1. Don't wanna hear our opinion? Don't post the question. Music from speakers on a bike destroys the music and the experience.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    There is also the issue of having enough power to run a good system. Only so much currant available on a bike not designed for the load.

times have changed my friend -- the power is there -- its nothing like it use to be -nothing like what we use to ride - bikes coming right off the line with bells whistles , radios , alarms etc etc etc .

Last edited by a moderator:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I recently purchased and installed the Uclear HBC 100 plus in my helmet. It's a Bluetooth system. I absolutely love it, and can't imagine riding without it now. Granted, it doesn't have much bass, but plenty enough for me.
    Not to mention the capability to make and receive calls on the road.
    Big thumbs up from me!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I just have to post this.[video=youtube;xm5DPlNCmtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm5DPlNCmtk[/video]
    [video=youtube;InRDF_0lfHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk[/video]
    [video=youtube;voEhPfo-ja4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voEhPfo-ja4[/video]

While I'm not a rider, I don't see why any of the above would diminish the experience of the ride. Full disclaimer I've rode a dirt bide just a couple of times and a road bike just a few, Although I would like to get one.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    times have changed my friend -- the power is there -- its nothing like it use to be -nothing like what we use to ride - bikes coming right off the line with bells whistles , radios , alarms etc etc etc .

When they came up with bikes where the headlight didn't pulse with the turn signal....the experience was somehow diminished.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Music of the road... give me a break.

meh, I have no problem with adding a radio to a bike. If someone wants to do it, why not, its their property. I had a bluetooth system in my helmet so I could cruise and listen to what helps me relax. Not everyone is the same and everyone gets enjoyment in different ways. Do what makes you happy.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Nothing says " Look at MEEEEEE ". Like a 200 watt Fosgate blasting music away while constantly " Bliping " the throttle while sittin at a traffic light while your head is on a swivel checking that everybody sees " MEEEEEEEE"

ahhhhh. The some of the new generation, and they wonder why the public hates motorcycles.

Top Bottom