• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PSYCOM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2015
    Tampa
    Wonder why we haven't heard the shooter kid's name yet? Surely it's being tossed around on social media?

I live in Noblesville, and one of the High Schoolers who works where I do, told me the name of the kid (I'll not divulge this), and showed me his picture (looked to be a scan from a yearbook).

He looks like a dweeby, bespectacled, cub scout.

I was like: "Is that what he looks like now?!?!"

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Wonder why we haven't heard the shooter kid's name yet? Surely it's being tossed around on social media?
    Indiana has pretty strict privacy laws in regards to juveniles. There is some sort of petition process that can be done which will release very limited info, but that's it. You have to remember that he is legally innocent until proven guilty.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    All Noblesville schools are still scheduled to go through the end of this week. Friday will be the last day.

In name only.

My boys cleaned out their lockers on Tuesday. Turned in their Ipads. All finals were cancelled. I asked one teacher "what if he needed the final grade to get him to an 'A'?". She responded "He'll be okay."

Basically, they're all doing nothing but showing up and their grades are being "adjusted" (my speculation).

The 6th grader had an Orchestra Laser Tag activity scheduled for tonight. Of course, that got cancelled.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    He looks like a dweeby, bespectacled, cub scout.

First of all, he would be a Boy Scout.

Second, most Boy Scouts are bespectacled and dweeby nerds.

Third, those bespectacled and dweeby nerds become Eagle Scouts and eventually business leaders of tomorrow. The jocks, not so much.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Third, those bespectacled and dweeby nerds become Eagle Scouts and eventually business leaders of tomorrow. The jocks, not so much.

It takes all kinds.
    At the age of the boy who carried this out, most boys have a similar appearance.

I guess I got the best of both worlds. I was a jock and I am an Eagle Scout.
    Basically it doesn't matter what the boy looks like or how old he is. The underlying question I have is why? What was he going through that left him feeling like this was necessary or what was the tipping point?

Edit- I'm just glad it didn't turn out a lot worse than it did.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    KRAVITZ: After Noblesville and other school shootings, parents have to have `the conversation'
    https://www.wthr.com/article/kravit...ootings-parents-have-to-have-the-conversation
    (Via WTHR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[=actaeon277;7546109]More "Guns are BAD, and we can't do anything because of the evil NRA".[/QUOTE]

"But common sense gun control will not be enacted as long as politicians have sold themselves lock, stock and barrel to the NRA."

I get so tired of this tiresome trope. The NRA owns no politicians and their campaign money is a joke compared to other lobbying organizations. WE are whom the politicians have a fear of and hold the line for, on 2nd Amendment issues to varying degrees. WE vote and pay particular attention to the words and votes of said politicians. WE will be there in November, look for us Bob.

Funny thing about the NRA, it is great they just topped 6 million members, but what is so befuddling to antis is the additional 20 million that are to cheap to pay and join but vote with the NRA every time. It is a mistake to think politicians are just about money, money is used to create votes, if you have votes you can bypass the money. All the other lobbying organizations are green with envy of NRA voters.

M

JLJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Carmel
    Don’t you just love it when Kravitz takes a political stand? Like when he wrote about a Trump becoming president. He needs to stick with his dopey report card and stay off the soap box when it comes to politics. Just like all the other actors out there that feel like their political opinion is holier than thou.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [=actaeon277;7546109]More "Guns are BAD, and we can't do anything because of the evil NRA".

"But common sense gun control will not be enacted as long as politicians have sold themselves lock, stock and barrel to the NRA."

I get so tired of this tiresome trope. The NRA owns no politicians and their campaign money is a joke compared to other lobbying organizations. WE are whom the politicians have a fear of and hold the line for, on 2nd Amendment issues to varying degrees. WE vote and pay particular attention to the words and votes of said politicians. WE will be there in November, look for us Bob.

Funny thing about the NRA, it is great they just topped 6 million members, but what is so befuddling to antis is the additional 20 million that are to cheap to pay and join but vote with the NRA every time. It is a mistake to think politicians are just about money, money is used to create votes, if you have votes you can bypass the money. All the other lobbying organizations are green with envy of NRA voters.

M[/QUOTE]

And then they insult gun owners and wonder why the gun owners don't give up and fall in line.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What is the current legal status of the shooter? Court? Jailed? Juvenile detention?

What about his legal guardians?
    Juvenile detention, and, barring a tragedy, that’s where he will stay and be adjudicated, or whatever found guilty/acquitted means in juvenile court. Indiana state law prohibits charging him as an adult unless it’s murder. I’d love to see him go to big boy prison, but not at the expense of that poor young lady.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Sounds like Kravitz believes something he’s too afraid to say. But it’s the solution to save kids. Why not save kids bob? Too scary?

The irony is outstanding. He has the “solution”, but won’t say it for fear of losing his job. But in his mind the NRA is just a bunch of greedy money-grabbers. Riiiiiight........

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And I don’t hear the outcries from him to ban all junk food and how bad the fast food lobbyists are. Seems like there may be an agenda behind that article other than actually preserving lives.

PSYCOM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2015
    Tampa

I didn't mean to "touch a nerve". I said "cub scout" because he looked quite young. I myself was in Scouting (Transatlantic Council).

I think the kid had unmet "social expectations", and those frustrations led to this copycat event (of the Santa Fe, TX shooting).

That is all.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I didn't know she was hit that many times. Do we know what the gun was and caliber yet. That many hits for one kid does sound like she was at least targeted. Nobody is that unlucky. :(

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When that little piece of **** that did this is released from captivity, as he surely will be, I hope he finds himself in a dark alley one day.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    https://www.wthr.com/article/ella-w...-serious-injuries-as-she-continues-to-recover

Dear God. I had no idea Ella had been shot seven times. This poor girl. Everyone needs to be praying for her. I choked up reading the statement regarding her list of injuries.

I read that earlier and my eyes were watering. Saturday after all of the Ella's Aid stands in town my 10 year old asked how she was doing. We told him she was improving but still in the hospital. I don't think I can tell him the full details.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom