• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    This sign is hanging in the break room where i work. It came in our August packet and i might be one of the dumbest things i have ever saw from corporate. i just thought i would share, aside from the bad advice on how to confront a shooter i felt the "there is no pattern or method thing is just dumb".
    IMG_20140731_135626.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This sign is hanging in the break room where i work. It came in our August packet and i might be one of the dumbest things i have ever saw from corporate. i just thought i would share, aside from the bad advice on how to confront a shooter i felt the "there is no pattern or method thing is just dumb".
    View attachment 30833

At least they don't recommend vomiting or pissing yourself...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Our Active Shooter Instruction:

102.5 Active Shooter
    102.5.1 Shooter Outside the Building.
    102.5.1.1 In the event there is an active shooter outside of the building, alerts may be received by:
    102.5.1.1.1 Ad Hoc notification by computer, telephone, or text.
    102.5.1.1.2 Building PA system.
    102.5.1.1.3 Personal notification by Fire Warden, Area Emergency Assistants, Chain of Command, or Emergency Responders.
    102.5.1.2 Area Emergency Assistants shall secure any outside doors of the building in their area of responsibility, if applicable and if safe.
    102.5.1.3 Move away from the windows and proceed to the Shelter In Place (SIP) assembly location, if it appears to be a safe area for the incident at hand.
    102.5.1.4 Follow the instructions in [101.0] for sheltering in place.
    102.5.2 Shooter Inside the Building
    102.5.2.1 For an active shooter inside the building, it is likely that no official warning will be possible.
    102.5.2.2 If there is a way to exit the building, do so immediately.
    102.5.2.2.1 Assist others to escape, if possible.
    102.5.2.2.2 Leave your belongings behind.
    102.5.2.2.3 As exiting, keep hands visible for Emergency Responders to see.
    102.5.2.2.4 Attempt to prevent others from entering the area in which the active shooter is.
    102.5.2.2.5 Once to a safe place, if Emergency Responders are not already on site, call the emergency response number, (911 from a NSWC Crane land line or 812-854-1333 from a cell phone).
    102.5.2.2.6 Do not attempt to move wounded people.
    102.5.2.2.7 Follow instructions from Emergency Responders.
    102.5.2.3 If it is not possible to escape the building, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you.
    102.5.2.3.1 Stay out of the active shooter’s view. Avoid moving through hallways – you don’t know what is around the corner. Stay calm and move quickly.
    102.5.2.3.2 Try not to trap yourself or restrict your options to get away.
    102.5.2.3.3 If in a room, lock the door if possible and move heavy objects against it. If the active shooter is inside the room and then leaves, lock it behind them and do not open the door even if the active shooter bangs on it and asks for help. If you cannot determine for certainty the identity of the individual on the other side of the door,
    ask that person to slide identification under the door.
    102.5.2.3.4 Silence your cell phone or pager; eliminate any source of noise.
    102.5.2.3.5 Hide out of sight and behind protective items.
    102.5.2.3.6 If a phone is available, call the emergency response number, (911 from a NSWC Crane land line or 812-854-1333 from a cell phone), being as quiet as possible. If it is not possible to speak, leave the emergency line open so the responder can hear what is happening.
    102.5.2.3.7 If there are injured persons in the room, attempt to render aid as best as possible.
    102.5.2.3.8 Prepare to defend yourself in case the active shooter regains entry to the room. Look for objects in the room that could be used for this purpose.
    102.5.2.3.9 If the event lasts for several hours, assess all assets, food, water, and medical supplies. Think about establishing a toilet area. Take shifts of two or three persons at a time staying alert.
    102.5.2.3.10 Remain calm.
    102.5.2.4 As a last resort, if you cannot escape and cannot get to a safe place, attempt to disrupt or incapacitate the active shooter by taking aggressive physical action
    against the shooter or by throwing items or attacking with improvised weapons.
    102.5.2.5 Once the event is over, follow the direction of Emergency Responders. Keep your hands visible as you exit and do not make quick movements. You may be asked to place your hands on your head; you may be searched; you may be questioned; you may be examined by medical personnel. Do not attempt to collect your belongings or leave the area until you are told to do so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our Active Shooter Instruction:

102.5 Active Shooter
    102.5.1 Shooter Outside the Building.
    102.5.1.1 In the event there is an active shooter outside of the building, alerts may be received by:
    102.5.1.1.1 Ad Hoc notification by computer, telephone, or text.
    102.5.1.1.2 Building PA system.
    102.5.1.1.3 Personal notification by Fire Warden, Area Emergency Assistants, Chain of Command, or Emergency Responders.
    102.5.1.2 Area Emergency Assistants shall secure any outside doors of the building in their area of responsibility, if applicable and if safe.
    102.5.1.3 Move away from the windows and proceed to the Shelter In Place (SIP) assembly location, if it appears to be a safe area for the incident at hand.
    102.5.1.4 Follow the instructions in [101.0] for sheltering in place.
    102.5.2 Shooter Inside the Building
    102.5.2.1 For an active shooter inside the building, it is likely that no official warning will be possible.
    102.5.2.2 If there is a way to exit the building, do so immediately.
    102.5.2.2.1 Assist others to escape, if possible.
    102.5.2.2.2 Leave your belongings behind.
    102.5.2.2.3 As exiting, keep hands visible for Emergency Responders to see.
    102.5.2.2.4 Attempt to prevent others from entering the area in which the active shooter is.
    102.5.2.2.5 Once to a safe place, if Emergency Responders are not already on site, call the emergency response number, (911 from a NSWC Crane land line or 812-854-1333 from a cell phone).
    102.5.2.2.6 Do not attempt to move wounded people.
    102.5.2.2.7 Follow instructions from Emergency Responders.
    102.5.2.3 If it is not possible to escape the building, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you.
    102.5.2.3.1 Stay out of the active shooter’s view. Avoid moving through hallways – you don’t know what is around the corner. Stay calm and move quickly.
    102.5.2.3.2 Try not to trap yourself or restrict your options to get away.
    102.5.2.3.3 If in a room, lock the door if possible and move heavy objects against it. If the active shooter is inside the room and then leaves, lock it behind them and do not open the door even if the active shooter bangs on it and asks for help. If you cannot determine for certainty the identity of the individual on the other side of the door,
    ask that person to slide identification under the door.
    102.5.2.3.4 Silence your cell phone or pager; eliminate any source of noise.
    102.5.2.3.5 Hide out of sight and behind protective items.
    102.5.2.3.6 If a phone is available, call the emergency response number, (911 from a NSWC Crane land line or 812-854-1333 from a cell phone), being as quiet as possible. If it is not possible to speak, leave the emergency line open so the responder can hear what is happening.
    102.5.2.3.7 If there are injured persons in the room, attempt to render aid as best as possible.
    102.5.2.3.8 Prepare to defend yourself in case the active shooter regains entry to the room. Look for objects in the room that could be used for this purpose.
    102.5.2.3.9 If the event lasts for several hours, assess all assets, food, water, and medical supplies. Think about establishing a toilet area. Take shifts of two or three persons at a time staying alert.
    102.5.2.3.10 Remain calm.
    102.5.2.4 As a last resort, if you cannot escape and cannot get to a safe place, attempt to disrupt or incapacitate the active shooter by taking aggressive physical action
    against the shooter or by throwing items or attacking with improvised weapons.
    102.5.2.5 Once the event is over, follow the direction of Emergency Responders. Keep your hands visible as you exit and do not make quick movements. You may be asked to place your hands on your head; you may be searched; you may be questioned; you may be examined by medical personnel. Do not attempt to collect your belongings or leave the area until you are told to do so.

That hurt to read.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I will note the sign does mention something that COULD help you if you are caught without protection: Treating your coworkers right.

Remember, these people are enraged over something, could be anything from being fired, to ribbing at work. I've worked with so many industrial companies where "ribbing" is common and it's no wonder people beat the crap out of their supervisors in the parking lot or bring guns into work (had that at one place I worked at, guy was pissed, brought in a pistol, ready to shoot his supervisor, was talked down). Acting professional, leaving personal issues at home and treating others with respect can help and has. Several workplace shootings have had people passed over. Interviews with the people passed over have shown they respected and treated the shooter fairly in past interactions. Gee, no ****ing wonder right? We've become a nation that is ACIDLY sarcastic and willing to put others down to cover for our own issues. And it's no wonder we've become a nation bent on shooting our way out of trouble, than working through it.

Outside of that, the rest of that poster is dreck...

proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    Several workplace shootings have had people passed over. Interviews with the people passed over have shown they respected and treated the shooter fairly in past interactions. Gee, no ****ing wonder right? We've become a nation that is ACIDLY sarcastic and willing to put others down to cover for our own issues. And it's no wonder we've become a nation bent on shooting our way out of trouble, than working through it.

Outside of that, the rest of that poster is dreck...

I have to agree people all to often come into work ready to take out there emotional problems on other coworkers i guess it makes them feel good gives them a sense of control, problem is you never know how close to the edge someone is. I don't want to delve into the mind of crazy, most not all but most shooters are people who feel wronged and alienated real or not. i cant understand why people can not be nice to people, i know that sounds naive. Being cordial would go a long way.

Top Bottom