• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    These are not my words but I think sums things up pretty good.

'Just talked to a buddy who was at the shooting last night attending a cornhole tournament.

His 2 teammates were killed and the competing team of three.

He won't talk over the phone but is texting. Just showing support and not asking him any specifics at the moment.

He said when shooter reloaded he ran.

Nobody fired back. Out of that entire crown not an armed citizen to stop this.

Guy had time to reload with no resistance.'

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Perhaps I need to adjust my tinfoil hat, but I don't think mere incompetence reasonably explains everything.
    Some say that there is a fine line between nefariousness and incompetence, and that don't subscribe to malice what can be explained with incompetence. I say that that saying is a double edged sword and gives the impression that there is no evil in the world and that it's filled with a bunch of buffoons. The darkest and worst things in human history were done by very intelligent and competent people who either had good intentions or wanted to see the world burn.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Incompetence. Plain and simple.

How else do you explain all of the busts they parade out are all just useful idiots who couldnt/wouldnt have done the deed without their agent's help? "We busted this guy who said he wanted to shoot up a school. We busted him after our agents attempted to provide him the guns and plans he otherwise couldnt have acquired on his own."

And going a bit farther back, look at the case that started Ruby Ridge. They had to HOUND Randy until he cut down the shotguns to make them leave him alone. Or Koresh. They could have easily arrested him during a trip to town when it was just him and one or two others.

So in a word, yes.
    The stuff that makes the news (Ruby Ridge, F'nF) sound more like frat pranks than legitimate federal law enforcement activity.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's puzzling that the existence of deranged people walking around freely has become a "societal norm" which must be accepted as inevitable...but 200 year-old freedoms are the things that need to change.

Neurodivergency is the new and society-defining frontier of civil rights. We need to be able to discriminate against people who are dangerous. They deserve compassion, but elevating them to protected-civil-rights status is backfiring on us big-time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's puzzling that the existence of deranged people walking around freely has become a "societal norm" which must be accepted as inevitable...but 200 year-old freedoms are the things that need to change.

If the poor folks in the bowling alley and restaurant would have had the actual 200 year old freedom, how many more of them would be alive and uninjured now?

:dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Fun fact- being a prohibited person does not mean you were not, or are not a firearms instructor. It only means that once you were a prohibited person, it was illegal for you to possess a firearm and, logically speaking, to be a firearms instructor.

I don't know the truth of this "firearms instructor" thing and I certainly don't trust the media to get the details like this right, but just because he was a prohibited person does not mean he was not a firearms instructor.

The same logic would dictate that since he was a prohibited person, he could not possess a firearm and, therefore, was not the shooter. Well, it seems like that didn't work out.

Top Bottom