• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    got your pm. look for a reply. there were a couple of slots in the pistol class and a few in the rifle class when i left for england. i'll have to check my snail mail when i get home to know for sure, but if it's possible, we'll get you in!

Are there still openings for the May 30th class?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looking forward to these classes. For one thing it means the school year is over and I am on summer vacation!!!!

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    GREAT weekend. Now I just need to UN-nail my feet while I operate... I will attempt to post an AAR at a later date. It will probably not be up to the Shooter521 level, but I'll do my best................ jack:ingo:

Six Forty-Two

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    W. Lafayette
    Thanks ACT guys! I enjoyed the experience. I appreciate all of your accomodations for a novice revolver guy. I feel much more comfortable with my abilities and realize some of my shortcomings. Now I need to work on my marksmanship :n00b:. (Assuming I can find affordable ammunition)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks ACT guys! I enjoyed the experience. I appreciate all of your accomodations for a novice revolver guy. I feel much more comfortable with my abilities and realize some of my shortcomings. Now I need to work on my marksmanship :n00b:. (Assuming I can find affordable ammunition)

Thanks for the kind words!

You will gain much from regular dry fire practice (as I suggested during class), especially if you shoot a revolver. If you need some ideas for an organized dry fire routine, let us know and we can help you.

With you and your revolver, your marksmanship issues will be resolved with a proper grip, good trigger control, follow through, and focusing attention on your front sight instead of the target. All of these will improve greatly with dedicated dry fire practice.

Dry fire practice incurs no extra costs. Too many people dismiss the benefits of dry fire practice because they really don't understand how much it can help. The most dramatic improvements I've ever seen in shooters have resulted from dedicated dry fire, not from firing live rounds on the range. You still need to fire some live rounds, but you can improve beyond your expectations with dry fire.

Top Bottom