• ...and so much more!
  • Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    Hey everybody,
    I'm getting ready to start building my comp rig for the first time. In the past i've shot FNS with a pistol out of a box and some extra mags in my back pocket. I'm wanting to shoot USPSA for the first time this year(like so many others) as well as potentially shooting Multi-Gun. I will be shooting 1911 which is what I already have, I just need to figure out what I need as far as belt, holster, and mag holders.

I have read quite a bit about Double Alpha and that seems to be the way to go for belt that could work for both USPSA and Multi-Gun(as well as FNS and SCSA). I'm a little unsure about what size to get and I also want to figure out what style of holster would be a good starting point. I plan on adding to this setup as I progress so I just need something to get me started. Is there a place around here that has this type of product in stock to purchase after trying on?? or is everything just online order and hope?

Are there any items I should definitely be considering that I have not mentioned? Any advice from other shooters that learned something the "hard way" that could save me some money or headache. Do people upgrade their rig and then try to sell their old rigs? I looked in the classifieds and didn't see anything for sale that I was looking for.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Belt sizes are pretty right on for DAA and they do make a superior belt IMHO. If you follow their instructions on measuring your waist you will be in good shape. Error on the side of a little big if you are unsure.

CR Speed pouches will be the most cost effective if you ever run a second gun or game...they are very adaptable to any mag.

Blade tech holsters are my favorite...

Own at least 12 mags for each rig.

Buy a shot timer and practice safely drawing your gun on the clock. Practice reloads over and over. Practice footwork with finger off the trigger and being efficient with every step.

Have fun.
    Sorry typed on phone half asleep.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just switched to the DAA belt, I do like it better than the CR speed/Bladetech it is much stiffer, but also a little harder to slide your pouches and holster on, it is a little wider, but you stuff will not slop around

I have used several mag pouched for single stack and have settled on the CR speed with the PowerFactor spacers
    Cr Speed 1911 Magazine Spacer

Call Mike Foley at Shooters Connection, he will get you set up

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Topher,

I've got a Bladetech 1911 holster you are welcome to check out / borrow if you want.

I also have some other gear you are welcome to check out. I think I'm going to Atlanta Conservation Club Thursday evening if you want to meet me up there.

-Chad

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I just switched to the DAA belt, I do like it better than the CR speed/Bladetech it is much stiffer, but also a little harder to slide your pouches and holster on, it is a little wider, but you stuff will not slop around

I have used several mag pouched for single stack and have settled on the CR speed with the PowerFactor spacers
    Cr Speed 1911 Magazine Spacer

Call Mike Foley at Shooters Connection, he will get you set up

Are those mag pouches the ones with the self ejection feature?

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    When you are ready to attend a local match, I have a single stack rig setup that you are more than welcome to try. I put my rig together last year for single stack and settled on the DA belt, bladetech holster and DA racer single stack pouches. Very happy with it. I'm a bit ummmmm big (I like to call it tactical padding), so not sure what your waist size is but i would think anything from about 36 to 44 we could make work. I also have a very small belt that is older that came from a trade a while back that you are more that welcome to borrow as well, but not sure on size. Also, with single stack, you need quite a few more mags than any other division. I suppose you could get by with 4 holders, but the way I shoot...... I use six.

I will be at Fri night steel and the WVPPS uspsa match on sunday, so lemme know and I can bring it and extra mags if you are interested or at least wanna take a look at the gear.

Top Bottom