• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I enjoy academy sports. I’ve always ran into really good deals when going to them. It’s actually where I purchased my gun safe at for a great deal and a handful of pistols.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The first five minutes of opening day will be the only time primers are ever sighted in stock at that store.

kalashnikovfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Henry County
    On a side note about growing legs, Rural King in Lafayette, has put the ammo behind the counter, seems like ammo started growing legs also.
    New castle Rural king did the same thing for a while. I asked the salesman behind the counter why and I guess when they did an audit they were at 800-1000 rounds missing. Found empty boxes all over the store with people on video dumping it into purses and backpacks.

• Sad
    Reactions: Leo

RandIccir

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2022
    Warsaw
    I just saw an ad saying that there is a new Academy Sports store coming to Lafayette.

I've heard the name but can't recall in what context.
    What say Ingo?
    Is Academy Sports worth looking into, or they just another Dick's?

Thanks
    Nice store. They're all sporting goods. Decent prices and they price match competition

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I checked it out the other day. Decent selection of ammo, not horribly priced (but not great either). No primers or powders yet, forgot to ask if/when that would happen. It would be nice if they did, other shops I’ve visited so far either don’t carry them, or have a pitiful selection that’s priced to high heaven ($58/lb for Varget before tax!!).

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Bought all my shotgun shells three years ago from them. they offered free shipping, plus Winchester had $2.00 a box rebates, Plus I didn't have to pay Wisconsin sales tax. Those days are long gone. Delivery man is happy he don't have to drag three flats a month to my door. Never had a problem with their service.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    An Academy Sports opened not long ago in Clarksville. I used to frequent their stores when I lived in Texas. I've been to the Clarksville store a few times. Their prices are usually lower than Bass Pro on everything. They have a rifle there that I have my eyes on. I've made some good deals on ammo in the past. Dick's doesn't hold a candle to Academy Sports. It's nice to have Bass Pro and Academy Sports so close together that it is easy to compare prices!

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Academy is great for what it is.

Can get golf clubs, a kayak, a gat, and camping gear.

Decent brands, kind of expensive.

Good selection of guns and ammo for a non-gunshop big box store. Think Rural King-ish.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    An Academy Sports opened not long ago in Clarksville. I used to frequent their stores when I lived in Texas. I've been to the Clarksville store a few times. Their prices are usually lower than Bass Pro on everything. They have a rifle there that I have my eyes on. I've made some good deals on ammo in the past. Dick's doesn't hold a candle to Academy Sports. It's nice to have Bass Pro and Academy Sports so close together that it is easy to compare prices!
    Bass pro is more expensive than anyone, but I do agree about academy prices being cheaper than a lot of places. If you do have gift cards, etc to bass pro and have to go there, I have had them price match on several things in the past. They would do any brick store within 100 miles. Just fyi

Top Bottom