• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He is on their first single, Can I Sit Next to You Girl.
    The b side is Rockin in the Parlour.
    These are the only 2 songs recorded with the original drummer and singer.
    Young and Young are credited with writing the songs.
    The original members also performed other songs that would appear on later albums with Bon Scott.
    Show Business
    Rock N Roll Singer,
    Soul Stripper, and the cover song
    Baby Please Don't Go

They appeared on live TV in 1975. Bon showed up at the last minute dressed in drag as a Catholic school girl and sang Baby Please Don't Go, and Australia blew up.

ACDC has always been my band, and I tolerate the Brian Johnson stuff, but it's not the same.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    ACDC mainstreamed in the US with the Dirty Deeds album, where they sang about Australia's dirty little secret, the sexualization of school children. The earlier albums that were rereleased here had different cover art, and some songs removed from one album and placed on another.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to have a cassette of some of the early, pre Bon Scott stuff. Still seems hard to believe that Malcolm is gone. Never got to see the Bon era band, but saw the Brian version many times, going all the way back to Back in Black. Those guys just killed it every single time I saw them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I used to have a cassette of some of the early, pre Bon Scott stuff. Still seems hard to believe that Malcolm is gone. Never got to see the Bon era band, but saw the Brian version many times, going all the way back to Back in Black. Those guys just killed it every single time I saw them.
    Malcom was one of THE greatest rhythm guitarists of all time. He just kept thumping away. It was a sad day when he lost the ability to play and then he just gradually faded away.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    ACDC mainstreamed in the US with the Dirty Deeds album, where they sang about Australia's dirty little secret, the sexualization of school children. The earlier albums that were rereleased here had different cover art, and some songs removed from one album and placed on another.
    Dirty deeds and the dunder chief…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I saw them at market square with Bon Scott on the Highway to Hell tour and then a couple years later with Brian Johnson on the Back in Black tour. Both great shows but Bon was better for sure.
    I only saw them once at market square, that was in 85 I think when they were touring the Fly on the Wall album. I’ve seen a LOT of concerts, and THAT particular one is the one that stands out the most for me.

It was the wildest concert environment I’ve ever seen, just brutal. At the end of the night when the lights came up, everyone in the audience was just shell shocked, and you couldn’t see halfway across the arena because of the smoke from the cannon fire! I still remember tiny details about that night. It was by far the greatest live performance I’ve ever witnessed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom