• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Wish you could have made it bobby. I'll tell you what. my stuck blade pissed me off. that rough coating was just no good. well I fixed that today. etched the logo in really nice and then went full tilt and stripped her down. not perfect but with a decent amount of elbow grease and mothers mag she looks pretty good. I may soak it down again tomorrow to get the very minute tough parts off and the very small spot around the handle. I'm very happy with how it turned out though.

E0BFD288-25BE-4046-8D07-9F87C8358298-11490-00000CD07E7D5568.jpg

That really looks great Grunt!! :rockwoot::D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wish you could have made it bobby. I'll tell you what. my stuck blade pissed me off. that rough coating was just no good. well I fixed that today. etched the logo in really nice and then went full tilt and stripped her down. not perfect but with a decent amount of elbow grease and mothers mag she looks pretty good. I may soak it down again tomorrow to get the very minute tough parts off and the very small spot around the handle. I'm very happy with how it turned out though.

E0BFD288-25BE-4046-8D07-9F87C8358298-11490-00000CD07E7D5568.jpg

What did you use to strip this? Can it be done to any blade?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    What did you use to strip this? Can it be done to any blade?

Que I used the 15 minute kleen strip premier stripper. works in about 15 minutes (if you give it about 20 though the junk comes off easier). here is a video I watched yesterday before doing it. I had the paint on stuff but the spray can would be much easier imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8cDsWG54w

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Yes Dave is correct. I etched my logo first. build up a little box in painters tape around the logo and pour in the etchant mix, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then do it again. you should be good after that.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que I used the 15 minute kleen strip premier stripper. works in about 15 minutes (if you give it about 20 though the junk comes off easier). here is a video I watched yesterday before doing it. I had the paint on stuff but the spray can would be much easier imo.

I will be trying this on my new blade tomorrow.

BTW, my son has taken my Junglas. He said he needs to get ready for next month. When I told him that it will not happen until next year, he said January was okay.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I will be trying this on my new blade tomorrow.

BTW, my son has taken my Junglas. He said he needs to get ready for next month. When I told him that it will not happen until next year, he said January was okay.
    :lmfao:

:+1:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I don't know how well a stripper will work on it..... The acid finish etched the surfaces, and does not "adhere" persay..... Not sure what a chemical stripper will do. I can take the blade down to a shiny finish if you would like.... After I buy more belts! Lol! Or some 220 grit sandpaper will take it off, as under the acid finish is a 220 finish. Topped with scothbrite.

Top Bottom