• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    This past Saturday I had an opportunity to take Carbine 1 with Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute. The class lead instructor was INGO's very own SteveMI.

The class was to be a basic carbine class covering zeroing, proper stance, holder over and reloads and transition to pistol. After a brief review of the safety rules and finding out how much experience everyone had we found that there was only one person that was new to the AR platform. Everyone else has some degree of experience and/or has taken classes put on by Steve.

We began the morning zeroing our rifles at 50 yards. After that we discussed what the proper hold over was for the various rifles. We covered tactical and speed reloads and transitioning to pistol when we were close enough. I had a little problem remembering to transition instead of fixing my rifle. :D But by the afternoon I was starting to get it pounded in my head. The new AR owner caught on fast and allowed us to cover some things not normally offered in Carbine 1. In the afternoon we started moving and shooting and more transition drills.

In all it was a good class. MDFI has the round count at 600 rifle and 100 pistol. I shot over 700 rounds thru my rifle and only 50 pistol. The higher round count was from being able to do some drills that were not normally in the basic class.

This was my first class with Steve and MDFI and it will not be my last. Steve is very knowledgable and good teacher that will keep you motivated. The AI's he has with him during the class are also top notch and a great group of guys.

Top Bottom