• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I've rented a lake house and want to rent a boat for 7 days that's capable of easily pulling an adult skier from a deep water start on two skis. I have a history with bow riders and runabouts but I don't know anything about Tritoons. Unfortunately, tritoons seem to be the only boats available for rent on this lake. But, I can get a tritoon with a 200 hp outboard. That's a good bit of power for an inland lake but I'm concerned that it may not have the acceleration or handling for for pulling a skier.

Has anyone tried pulling skiers with a rig like this? Any other concerns I should have with a Tritoon? I'd like to have up to four adults in the boat.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Generally speaking - it can work.

But it depends on other factors too. How heavy the boat is... How loaded it is... How heavy the skiier is...

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For the most part skier experience will be more important than power/handling. It only takes ~15-25 MPH to ski. Going faster is personal preference or for professionals. Handling isn't really a concern unless you're trying to make 180 degree turns as tightly as possible.

Some time ago I was wakeboarding in my dad's pond behind his 25HP boat. What can i say, it was a holiday weekend and beverages may have been consumed. :cool:

Top Bottom