• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Well, I went out Saturday morning with my buddy videotaping for me. Had a doe under 20 yards, came right from where I thought she would, and had the whole thing on camera. There was a sapling in the way so I leaned out to shoot, looked up at my buddy to make sure he had it all on film, which he did, and hit the release-and THWACK! The beautiful sound of string on raincoat sleave as my arrow sailed under her. Oh well, the next best thing to a clean kill is a clean miss. Not going out again for a week, I'm sick as a dog and shouldn't have gone out in the first place Saturday. But come on, its opening weekend! Should have had my first deer kill on film, and the worst part is I even had an arm guard in my bow case, I just didn't put it on! Oh well, lesson learned and I'm ready to roll now!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Did the same thing this morning but on a 10 pt 130-140ish class buck....yeah yeah this thread is worthless without pictures..I was to busy nocking another arrow and cussing up a storm to get my camera. Thats why its hunting, not killing.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    and the worst part is I even had an arm guard in my bow case, I just didn't put it on! Oh well, lesson learned and I'm ready to roll now!

I think the real lesson to be learned is to practice shooting with the clothing that your going to wear in the field.

Its all part of the learning process. I was ground hunting at the edge of a bean field afew years ago and a doe was comming in on a string to me broadside at 22 yards. I drew my bow back, raised up to get her in my sight, and let one fly. I didnt even think to make sure my arrow was going to clear the beans. Ya live and learn:dunno:

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    Did kind of the same thing in Muscatatuck 2 yrs ago. I jumped 2 does and they ran off about 80yds and turned to look back. When they stopped I let the muzzleoader bark. The smoke cleared, the deer ran off, and there was a dead sapling tween me and the deer. Should of mounted the tree on the wall.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I did something similar a few years ago. Had a doe come in about 15yds, drew and shot. Felt a jerk around my neck and herd a thwack, my arrow flew under the deer.....WTF??? Both me and the deer were confused. My string for the hood on my hooded sweatshirt I was wearing got caught on my string!

Top Bottom