• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    About a month ago I was OCing at the local recycling center as usual. As I was walking back to my Jeep to leave, one of the workers there came up to me and tells me that open carry was illegal on county property. He also mentioned that their sign states no firearms, but since I was leaving that he would pretend that he didn't see it. I just continued on to my vehicle and left. When I got home I printed out a copy of the state preemption law and drove back there, gave it to him, and politely told him that someone had apparently given him bad information and that their sign and the resolution backing it were illegal and someone could sue him or his employer for trying to enforce it. He started to get defensive and tell me that he carried too and that he was just doing what his boss had told him. I told him that I didn't have an issue with him and that I appreciated that he was trying to do me a favor earlier by not saying anything when he saw me earlier. I just wanted to give him a heads up about the actual law so that he wouldn't get into any trouble if someone wasn't so understanding in the future. He thanked me and told me that he would give the information to his boss. Today I was there OCing again and much to my surprise the sign with the rules had the part about firearms and weapons painted over :rockwoot:and nobody said a word about my gun.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Nicely handled!

Dang. I just left for a little bit to get more bacon.

Count it!

OP....you clearly should have been yelling about your ry-eeeets and liberties being trampled upon, and demanded to know if you were being detained. You'll get there.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Well, that's all fine and dandy, but they still wouldn't take your bulky trash, would they?
    I know my rights.. I should be allowed to dump mattresses any time! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is how we win. Not with marches. Not with a bunch of fat guys with AKs going to a fast food dive.

We win with productive citizens merely exercising their rights, educating others.

Top Bottom