• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After negotiating for hours, authorities made a decision that Dawn King needed to be removed for medical care immediately, and officers at the scene were authorized to shoot Wayne King to save Dawn King"s life. At 4:57 p.m. a single shot struck and killed Wayne king. The house was secured and the hostage removed for medical attention. She then was flown by a rescue helicopter to Fort Wayne for medical care, the news release said.

According to Indiana law, a person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. A person is justified in using deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony, the news release said.
    Entire story is here: AP News: Prosecutor: Standoff sniper justified

That sounds like a bad situation & my sympathies go out to the rest of the King family. I'm just surprised & thankful to the AP for a well written article which properly represented Indiana self-defense laws. :faint:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Lies! If this was a real news article it would clearly show, in a fair and unbiased way, how Wayne King was just a Guy making the best of a bad situation when he was shot in cold blood by the sniper. I'm gonna call shenanigans and check Snopes immediately.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I would be impressed with a news story like that if the shooter were NOT a cop.

Still, a good shoot, and prayers for Ms. King and the officer. A tough situation all around.

Top Bottom