• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I was in Cabela's in Hammond yesterday while on a business trip. I had a pile of points to burn and a new handgun sounded like just what I needed. I have been wanting a .22 to plink with and to dispatch trapped critters. I'd been looking at P22's for the fun factor ... that and they just look so dang cool. Sure enough, Cabela's had a lone brand new one in the case. Basic black gun with the 3.4" barrel. Sweet little piece and I can't wait to get home from this business trip to do some shooting.:D It cost me under $50 once I used my Cabela's points.:D

Anything I should know about the break in period on these particular guns?

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned one for about 7 years now I think, very fun little gun, everyone fights over who gets to shoot it first when it comes out of the range bag.

Anyway I broke mine in with 100 CCI Mini-Mags, then I switched it over to Federal 550 bulkpack stuff & it's ran real good ever since.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Any tips on where to pick up mags for the best price. The gun came with one. I did a couple quick google searches last night (nothing too extensive), and most seemed to be in the $39 range ... OUCH ...

mAk0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I purchased a used bi-tone P22 earlier this week for $100. My girlfriend refuses to shoot my 45, and its a bit pricey at the range. With the P22 I can teach her and also have fun myself.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I purchased a used bi-tone P22 earlier this week for $100. My girlfriend refuses to shoot my 45, and its a bit pricey at the range. With the P22 I can teach her and also have fun myself.

My wife barely lets me see ours anymore. $100?! I know how to double your money! ;)

Seriously, if she hates it, let me know. (But, trust me, she's not gonna hate it!)

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    After more online searching, it looks like stainless mags are what I was finding for $39. Regular blue mags look to be in the high $20's, much easier on the wallet.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    After more online searching, it looks like stainless mags are what I was finding for $39. Regular blue mags look to be in the high $20's, much easier on the wallet.

You want the stainless mags. The blue ones are an older design that had feeding problems. Ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

The stainless are the newer design, and have worked great for me and others. CDNN has them for 27.99 brand new. They are out of stock right now, but they get them in from time to time. I bought a half dozen a while back from them. Here is a link:

Walther P22 22lr 10rd Stainless Mag w/Finger Rest New Factory

Top Bottom