• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here I am, minding my own business, checking my emails, and what do I find? A new gun auction site?

I have been a registered buyer/seller on GunBroker for a couple of years now.
    All of a sudden, and out of the blue, I get an email telling me about a BRAND NEW online gun auction site called GunComm.com.
    O.K. I'll bite!
    I clicked the link, and up pops a VERY nice looking site, with a ton of Taurus handguns, and thousands of non-firearms items for auction. Ammo, optics, mags, slings,etc...
    O.K. I'll bite again. I scrolled through some of the offerings and found something I liked at a good price. I hit the "Buy it Now" button.
    I got an almost immediate contact from the site administrator! Seems I managed to become the FIRST PAID CUSTOMER!:D
    My experience was good, smooth transaction, good communications with both seller and site. Site actually gives you a PHONE NUMBER! to talk to an actual person!
    They have since added several more sellers and now boast over 37,000 auctions!
    I think this site could go places! Anyone else been there yet?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Never heard of it until now. Just checked it out. It looks good. I am going to spend a little time perusing their site. May be a new one to try out some selling and of course buying on. Thanks for the info. This one may go places.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never heard of it until now. Just checked it out. It looks good. I am going to spend a little time perusing their site. May be a new one to try out some selling and of course buying on. Thanks for the info. This one may go places.
    Glad to help.
    I said they found me but forgot to explain myself. The site administrator (John) told me that he got tired of some of the B.S. on some of the other sites, so he talked to a few people about starting a site of his own. One seller from one of these sites, (the seller of my first purchase on GunComm.com) gave John over 5000 email addresses that he had received from questions or sales on the other site, to start a "mailing list". My email address was one of these, and I just happened to be the first person to respond.:rockwoot:

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    They do have quite a bit on there but I did notice a lot of empty categories. The ar auctions, airguns to name a few. I wonder how well one would do if he could list a bunch of items in the categories with no listings right now. If this site eventually takes off you may be ahead of the game. Might give it a shot and see what happens. Just have to make sure everything is listed for buy it now. No .99 cent auctions. I also need to check out their fees. Might turn out to be a good thing.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm sorry, is this thread inappropriate? If so, can I ask why?

The description makes it sound an awful lot like a scam. Thousands of auctions, but you just happen to be the first customer. Reads a lot like those flashing banner ads that read "YOU'RE THE 1 MILLIONTH CUSTOMER! Click here to claim your prize!"

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry about that! I was just stating the facts. I was the first person to make a purchase on this site. I kind of thought that was a novelty! Never occurred to me that it would be construed in a negative light.:dunno:
    I guess I'm not computer savvy enough to be that skeptical. I have seen those banners of which you speak. I did not make the connection!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My purchase arrived safe and in tact in less than a week after payment was sent. I've since made another purchase (.327fed mag ammo), only to find it's on back order.
    I HATE it when that happens!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My purchase arrived safe and in tact in less than a week after payment was sent. I've since made another purchase (.327fed mag ammo), only to find it's on back order.
    I HATE it when that happens!

How can something in an auction be backordered ?
    You have to have it in possesion to auction it right ?:scratch::dunno:

sorry that just sounds a bit like false advertising to me :dunno::rolleyes:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    just browsing through it looks to be worse than ebay...all the listed auctions are for retailers trying to sell crap. didn't find one deal, or anything that was even under MSRP. Probably wont be using that site much.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    So... It's an auction site, yet if you look around, there is not one single bid anywhere on the site. I'm going to go ahead and jump on the Sounds Fishy Boat.
    (side note, what a Sweet name for a boat!!!)

I'm not questioning the origional poster, a troll wouldn't stick around, I'm just not sold yet on the site it's self. Still, if they have good service and deliver what they say, i guess they're alright.

Top Bottom