• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The failure to fire in a striker can often mean lube in the striker channel. Glocks typically have a sleeve in there. Hopefully they cleaned some of that when they replaced the cups.

Interested to hear back after a range trip.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Glock armorer since 2010 and you will never get a straight answer out of Smyrna. If something was defective there's the possibility of liability and law suits so it's a typical response, never admit anything was wrong. Replacing the spring cups makes me think possibly they were out of spec and slowing the striker down. SOP to replace trigger and the FPS because variations in either area can possibly cause a light strike. Always a good idea to initially lube the RSA on any new Glock when there's so much metal to metal contact as with a 43x..
    Were the light strikes off center? Lube it and put 100 rounds through it but I imagine you will find your malfunctions have disappeared.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Glock armorer since 2010 and you will never get a straight answer out of Smyrna. If something was defective there's the possibility of liability and law suits so it's a typical response, never admit anything was wrong.
    You got that right. I don't think they ever commented on the first 17M models Indy Metro returned when the slides were flying off!!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Glock armorer since 2010 and you will never get a straight answer out of Smyrna. If something was defective there's the possibility of liability and law suits so it's a typical response, never admit anything was wrong. Replacing the spring cups makes me think possibly they were out of spec and slowing the striker down. SOP to replace trigger and the FPS because variations in either area can possibly cause a light strike. Always a good idea to initially lube the RSA on any new Glock when there's so much metal to metal contact as with a 43x..
    Were the light strikes off center? Lube it and put 100 rounds through it but I imagine you will find your malfunctions have disappeared.

This makes a lot of sense. One of my first thoughts when reading this thread was that Glock would never admit to finding an issue with their product. That's lawyer food...

Another thought, having worked in a warranty repair facility (electronics,) is that it costs nothing to throw a couple of new critical parts at a problem you couldn't duplicate.

As a repair tech, sometimes repairs are just speculation. Might even be Glock standard warranty return procedure to err on the side of cheaper parts fixing the non-duplicated intermittent problem vs a maybe bigger problem?

I would rest easy that this pistol doesn't vary much from Glock's well deserved reputation for reliability. Shoot it and smooth things in. After another hundred rounds, any reliability issues should be addressed with Glock again.

They are mass produced precision machinery. Stuff does occasionally go wrong with anything produced in these numbers.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well this does suck. Just got back from the range. 100 more rounds in. The last two mags resulted in two more light primer strikes. I got a picture of each one before I loaded them again (and of course they DID fire the 2nd time). The failures to feed are all gone now. And as with the first session I was able to hit pretty good with this gun and the sights are dead on (at least at the close 30 feet that I shoot at). But I have zero confidence in this gun when one of the light strikes were with super expensive (and well regarded) Federal HST! If the failures were ONLY with the Winchester NATO I could certainly overlook this. But as it is... PXL_20231221_200033171.jpg PXL_20231221_200350439.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Might be time to pull the striker out and give it a once over as well as clean out the channel. From a quick search online it appears that the 43 may not have a channel liner to worry about like the larger Glocks.

When I got my first 365 I had a few light strikes at the first range trip. Pulled the striker, cleaned out the channel with some alcohol and been all good since. Hope you get this figured out.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well this is certainly not my first semi-auto (although I will admit to having a LOT more experience with revolvers). I've owned, shot and carried XDMs, Shields & 365XLs and only ONE ever had any of these reliability issues and that was a Shield 1.0 that had to go back to the Factory ONCE.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I'd have to sell this damn thing before I buy anything else. I might just stick with revolvers. I already carry a J-Frame in my pocket during the non jacket weather. I just like to do a larger piece OWB under a jacket when it's cool enough. I might get me an SP101 .357 for that role. I carried one of those as primary for about 9 years. Should have NEVER sold it!

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    For me anymore I don't trust a semi-auto until I have ran at least 100 rounds of FMJ and 20+ rounds of defense loads through it TROUBLE free. So far I've shot a couple of hundred rounds and it's had one trip to the factory and I still haven't achieved that trust. Now with revolvers I feel comfortable enough to carry them after about 50 rounds of range ammo and a few cylinders of the defense load of choice. Again this eval needs to be TROUBLE FREE. And with nearly ALL the scores of revolvers I have owned they usually are. (two exceptions were an early Taurus 5-Shot (cheap junk) and one Colt Anaconda .45LC (expensive junk!)

Edit: Now if I have accuracy issues due to my own limitations then I have to keep shooting until I fix it before I start carrying a new gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Well this does suck. Just got back from the range. 100 more rounds in. The last two mags resulted in two more light primer strikes. I got a picture of each one before I loaded them again (and of course they DID fire the 2nd time). The failures to feed are all gone now. And as with the first session I was able to hit pretty good with this gun and the sights are dead on (at least at the close 30 feet that I shoot at). But I have zero confidence in this gun when one of the light strikes were with super expensive (and well regarded) Federal HST! If the failures were ONLY with the Winchester NATO I could certainly overlook this. But as it is... View attachment 320207 View attachment 320206
    Off center hits could also be the slide not going fully into battery on occasion. I would also clean the striker channel real well and look for any metal shavings. Try to find a Glock armor in your area would be another suggestion.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I appreciate all the suggestions but honestly I am kind of over it. Ammo is expensive! I didn't buy a friggin' Glock to do all this trouble shooting and arguing with CS.

Top Bottom