• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    With all the talk about how classifieds can go right or wrong, I felt like I should remind people that experiences can be quite neutral.

I recently found a gun listed for sale that interested me, so I thought I'd PM the OP. He hasn't replied, but its only been a few hours.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    With all the talk about how classifieds can go right or wrong, I felt like I should remind people that experiences can be quite neutral.

I recently found a gun listed for sale that interested me, so I thought I'd PM the OP. He hasn't replied, but its only been a few hours.

I have PM'd people and never gotten a reply. I would say a few hours is very typical, some guys are not on here often. Sometimes I have had a lag of a day or two to get a reply as well.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have had instances where I have made an offer to buy at the listed price and looked at the users profile and it showed activity between my offer time and when I checked with no response. I check a few more times over the next couple days, most times showing recent activity and still no response.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Ahhhhhhhh... Millennials.... The thought of waiting for an letter to arrive from another continent would be more than they could bear..

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I feel the need to protest. I don't know why. Now I'm confused.

I would like to thank 17 for updating his avatar.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I have had instances where I have made an offer to buy at the listed price and looked at the users profile and it showed activity between my offer time and when I checked with no response. I check a few more times over the next couple days, most times showing recent activity and still no response.

That's pretty crappy and worse is that you can't leave negative feedback to warn others. In the future, I wouldn't bother with trying to PM them even if they had something I wanted because even if they did respond, they might flake out on the meet up and just end up wasting your time.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    Any number of possibilities...

Busy? Working? (I know, I know. This is a stretch for any Bernie Sanders fans) Having second thoughts about selling the gun? Might be cross-posted and is considering offers? Might actually be out shooting and not living his life through INGO? Might have commitments and can't meet for a while?

Some type of communication would be nice, though. Some guys are great on communication, some not. I've traded, bought and sold RC gear online for years. Just comes with the territory.

Last edited:

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    Sorry, but im not wasting my time responding to you, if you keep trying to trade me a high point for my SKS. I don't care how good it shoots or the fact that it has "bubba's gat" ingraved on the side. I don't freaking care.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I see what you did there.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Some folks are pretty busy, for initial contact I wouldn't be concerned until 24-48 hours have passed.

This . people do work and cannot check email, or use their phone at work. i didn't get on for two days and when i got back i missed out on a gun i wanted to get. some people just don't live on their devices

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Top Bottom