• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    This is something that I have thought about many times and have never seen addressed(maybe I'm just strange). In the event of a SHTF situation someone attempts to invade your home and you shoot and kill them, what are you too do with the body? You have got to dispose of it in some matter. You cant just simply toss the body on in your back yard, it will attract wild animals, and can cause disease, more then likely disease that most people would not be able to deal with. Also you would have to deal with people who know the person you killed coming after you looking for revenge. And ontop of all that the sight and smell of a body rotting in the back yard would not be very good for your groups moral. I could see an ansewer to this would be to bury it in your own yard, but what if you are unable to leave the house?

Also what if you do not kill but simply wound and incapacitate them? Do you feel that you are obligated to give them the best medical assistance you can, taking into account even if you where able to control immediate medical problems that in the long run they will more then likely suffer from infections that will kill them. Should you try and get them to some sort of qualified medical attention, which may put you in even more danger. Or should you "do what needs to be done" and put them out of there missory? I would like to here ya'll thoughts on this, I feel like this is an issue that is glossed over with all the talk of preparing for a situation like this.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have the nicest sinkhole on my property!
    It would gladly accept any of those types you described, in a SHTF scenario.

I don't have a giant Venus Flytrap, but anything I have feed that sinkhole, tree stumps, limbs, old concrete blocks all disappear rather quickly.

Nature's own garbage disposal!

Or you could do like they did in the HBO series Deadwood, and feed them to the pigs?

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    burn it for hygiene purposes. If no fuel available or to spare put out for the possums. Also if truly a SHTF scenario as in all situations - don't shoot unless to kill. Wound situations jeopardize the safety of all unless mass combatants between all sides and if you happen to acquire wounded adversary care for that person and use for bartering purposes to end current and/or potential conflict.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I would definately burn the body. I used to do it when I raised livestock, since it was the only logical thing to do when an animal is diseased and dies. As to wounding, there will be no wounding of this sort of element in a SHTF situation. Controlled pairs work wonders. You might even consider putting the head in a conspicuos location in order to deter more confrontation!:yesway:

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    I would definately burn the body. I used to do it when I raised livestock, since it was the only logical thing to do when an animal is diseased and dies. As to wounding, there will be no wounding of this sort of element in a SHTF situation. Controlled pairs work wonders. You might even consider putting the head in a conspicuos location in order to deter more confrontation!:yesway:

As far as burning the bodies goes.... Well I have never burnt one... But I would think it would be pretty tough. seeing as how bodies are about 70% water... From what I have learned from a wife that was at one point in time perusing a carrier in mortuary science, crematoriums furnaces burn bodies at about 1200deg. for around 4 hours and they need to turn them at about the two hour mark to make sure they are completely turned to ash. Would you just simply burn them long enough to destroy most of the flesh... You seem to have a bit more hands on experience then I do with burning carcasses, what was left when the fires went out, how long did it take to burn an 800lbs. cow?

And on a side note... Heads on pikes will scare off all but the hard of hard...lol

Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    Pooper

In the event that you can leave the house, If you have a septic tank , just toss the body in it. The caustic atmosphere, bacteria, insects, and the other baddies would do the work for you. If you cant smell the poo you wont smell the other funk, just stab some holes in the body so the gasses can disperse without having a "floater".

Just remember use ridex once a month to keep your septic system working correctly, and avoid costly repairs. :)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I know there is a article about this subject on survival blog but for the life of me I can't find it now. the article basically said take the bodies somewhere away from everything as it is a security risk if SHTF.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Body Bag and Quick Lime.
    Sink hole is another good Idea.
    Did I mention I have some extra Body Bags for sale. :)

Top Bottom