• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    My brother and I completed the Gunsite course in Boone County this fall. While we were there, I had the chance to shoot Ken Campbell's gun during a drill while he worked on mine (it was not wanting to release magazines without a fight). Anyway, I really like his gun (and not just because the grips said Sheriff on them and had a gold star :)). My Brother was in the market for a 1911 in .45 cal (he only had a 9mm) and decided to get the S&W1911 Gunsite edition which is what Ken had.

Unbeknown to me, he ordered two of them, one for him and one for me as a graduation/Christmas gift. I have not yet had a chance to shoot it, just to field strip and clean it. The gun looks good but was not the smoothest 1911 (when manipulating the slide etc.). During the initial cleaning, I noticed what looked like little pieces of steel wool or small metal filings in a few areas. I cleaned those out and lubed the gun. I am hopeful that it will smooth out a bit with some shooting.

I really like this gun especially because it reminds me of the training class my Brother and I went through and the good times we shared during that process. Here are some pics
    Gunpics008.jpg

Gunpics009.jpg

Gunpics010.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Nice!!!

lovemywoods and I were lucky enough to be in the same class as Substance and his brother, and man did we have a good time too! On days when I'm bored at work I let my mind go back to those 3 days. Sharing the experience with family only made it better.

Neil you'll find it interesting that Dad just bought a Custom Shop Kimber yesterday. The 1911 bug has bitten him bad since the class. Its a very nice piece and I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

Congrats on the Smith!!

(and hats off to Nathan! What a brother!)

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Nice!!!

lovemywoods and I were lucky enough to be in the same class as Substance and his brother, and man did we have a good time too! On days when I'm bored at work I let my mind go back to those 3 days. Sharing the experience with family only made it better.

Neil you'll find it interesting that Dad just bought a Custom Shop Kimber yesterday. The 1911 bug has bitten him bad since the class. Its a very nice piece and I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

Congrats on the Smith!!

(and hats off to Nathan! What a brother!)

Thanks. I am glad your Dad picked up a 1911, let us know how he like is. It'd be great to organize a day at the range sometime soon (as long as it's not too windy, I am ok with shooting in pretty much any dry weather ;)).

Yeah, Nate is a good guy (although, he has told me to count this a Christmas/b-day-etc. for a long time)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where are you guys located?? You know Dad's range is only about a hour south of Indy. . . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I kept thinking you guys were north-siders for some reason.

I'm *almost* Greenwood myself.

We'll definately set something up.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    His place is actually in Carmel, so we are about an hour away apart...we stayed at his place during the course to remain on the north side.

Top Bottom