A good non hollow point self defense round?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    if you like the pistol for carry, or for any reason i suppose, you can have a p225 barrel fit and should that should take care of the hollowpoint issue. in addition, what all have you tried? not all hp ammo has the same ogive, some feeds better than others. my p6 seems to like everything i've tried.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Powerball or Expanding FMJ (I think Federal has the latter).

Better solution is to make the gun feed anything (new barrel or modify existing barrel), then you can shoot whatever is available at the time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I always figured if I live in a state like NJ where no JHPs are allowed I'd go with the Corbon Powerball.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I tried sanding (high grit) and polishing the ramps but it still jammed. Only way I would go with a 225 barrel is if it wasn't expensive (point of the gun was to be a cheap project).

The P6 is an 83, and the way I read it the late 80's would feed hollow points. I have only shot WWB and HST's through the gun. That is all I have. Ill look into the powerball and federal.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Why ban JHP's? Do they want overpenetration issues? IMHO FMJ is only better in the field - where over penetration doesn't matter - only getting into the target.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Why ban JHP's? Do they want overpenetration issues? IMHO FMJ is only better in the field - where over penetration doesn't matter - only getting into the target.

You say that like the government of NJ understands logic. They don't. New York officers only changed to the evil hollow points after too many of them were shot after the bullets passed through the perps.

Top Bottom