• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    As some of you know, I'm starting an optics company. As of now I'm in the stockup stage. I will eventually carry more brands but right now I'm focusing on Vortex. The reason I chose Vortex is because in most cases they are one of if not the best bang for your buck in the optics world. Also their warranty is unheard of. Most companies say "if it breaks due to something that's our fault we will fix or replace it". Vortex has a little different approach. They say "if it breaks for any reason - Vortex's fault or yours - they will fix or replace it". To me that's amazing. I have read reports of it taking 5 business days from the time mailed to Vortex to the time a new scope is at their door. The longest report I've heard of is 7 business days from leaving the customer to a new scope at the customer's door.

My business will mainly focus on customer support. I'm here to use my years in the optics research and development field to help you get the perfect scope for your needs and budget. Here are a few videos I did for Swarovski Optics for your viewing pleasure. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihh-P1tdeZo[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vsKYqZb1Hk[/ame]
    My goal is to help walk the new guy in to the perfect scope for their specific needs and price. And to supply the veteran with a quality product as inexpensive as possible. I don't think I will ever carry every scope made because if I don't believe it to be a quality product from a quality company I don't want to endorse it.

One of the things I won't do is drop ship. It drives me crazy when a company does that to me and I won't do it to you. Unless stated otherwise during a conversation, I'm holding the optic we are talking about in my hands and can personally put it in the mail the next day. To me drop shipping boils down to trusting your reputation to another company. Maybe I'm a little of a control freak but i don't trust my reputation to anyone. I want to know for a fact that the right product got sent to the right person and the only way I know of to accomplish this is to do it myself. Bottom line...if you buy an optic from me, it will come from me.

Another plus to dealing with A&A Optics is that if you do call with an issue or question you are not dealing with a highschool kid with no experience in scopes. You will talk to me personally.

Here is my website A&A Optics - High Quality Scopes. I can be contacted through the site, in ingo, or phone (765) 580-0986. Please don't call after 9pm or before 6 am. As you can see my web site is not complete as of yet. I don't know if i will ever have a shopping cart. Personally, I like the interaction with the customer and I think with a shopping cart I would lose some of that.

Feel free to drop me a line with your questions or comments. Sometimes I may talk you into a scope, bino, spotter, or rings I don't carry but that's ok with me. I think you will remember that service and I'll get a call the next time or mabye you will reccomend me to friends and family.

thankyou for your time and i look forward to helping you in the near future

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Can I say I was your 1st customer? ;)

Seriously, I enjoyed talking scopes and business with you today, and I know the Viper PST will be just what I'd hoped. Now, if the rifle would just get here...

:ingo:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Can I say I was your 1st customer? ;)

Seriously, I enjoyed talking scopes and business with you today, and I know the Viper PST will be just what I'd hoped. Now, if the rifle would just get here...

:ingo:

you were in my first 5 customers:D. thanks for your purchase and if you have any further needs dont hesitate to ask

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    Do you or are you going to deal in anything high power for the benchrest crowd ---ie leupold competiton series ///weaver fixed /// maybe sightron or nightforce benchrest?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I think that not having a shopping cart would be a mistake; there are some things that I know I want and I don't need personal attention... I may be unusual in this respect (and others, but that's beside the point) but if a new (to me or in general) store website doesn't have online checkout my perception is that they're not as professional as other stores that do offer that option. I agree that personal service can make or break a new business, but people expect options too. Maybe you could announce that you will place a follow-up call with all web orders (unless a do not call box is checked?)? The customer gets to click, and you get to have personal contact...

Also, I don't know how you feel about Facebook, but I buy a lot of stuff from "friends" that send me info. I also check my "friends" to see if they're offering any specials before I buy from another vendor. I switched my order for the Badger base from Brownell's to Midway since Facebook gave me a discount code that made the Badger a better deal than a lesser mount at Brownell's. That example is just the last of several times that (or something similar) has happened. You might want to look into it...

If you do the Facebook thing, don't send a bunch of crap everyday! I've "defriended" businesses that do that. I'll still shop with them (If I think of them) but they don't get the same consideration as others.

All the internet stuff aside, it really comes down to what you have (or can get), and how much is it going to cost me. By the time I start shopping for gun toys, I pretty much know exactly what I want based on forum snooping. I rarely change my mind at the LGS, and the only thing that would have dissuaded me from a Vortex PST would have been a Nightforce/SB/USO/etc. at an exceptionally good price.

But I've been wrong many times before. :D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do you or are you going to deal in anything high power for the benchrest crowd ---ie leupold competiton series ///weaver fixed /// maybe sightron or nightforce benchrest?

currentlly i wont carry much for the benchrest croud. id love to stock up on nightforce, and i have there packet but the buy in is so expensive i just cant swing it. hopfully this company will be profitable and in a few months i will be able to, but as of today no i can not supply your needs i do appriciate you looking to me for this and keep a eye out as i may be able to pick up somthing for you in the near future

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think that not having a shopping cart would be a mistake; there are some things that I know I want and I don't need personal attention... I may be unusual in this respect (and others, but that's beside the point) but if a new (to me or in general) store website doesn't have online checkout my perception is that they're not as professional as other stores that do offer that option. I agree that personal service can make or break a new business, but people expect options too. Maybe you could announce that you will place a follow-up call with all web orders (unless a do not call box is checked?)? The customer gets to click, and you get to have personal contact...

Also, I don't know how you feel about Facebook, but I buy a lot of stuff from "friends" that send me info. I also check my "friends" to see if they're offering any specials before I buy from another vendor. I switched my order for the Badger base from Brownell's to Midway since Facebook gave me a discount code that made the Badger a better deal than a lesser mount at Brownell's. That example is just the last of several times that (or something similar) has happened. You might want to look into it...

If you do the Facebook thing, don't send a bunch of crap everyday! I've "defriended" businesses that do that. I'll still shop with them (If I think of them) but they don't get the same consideration as others.

All the internet stuff aside, it really comes down to what you have (or can get), and how much is it going to cost me. By the time I start shopping for gun toys, I pretty much know exactly what I want based on forum snooping. I rarely change my mind at the LGS, and the only thing that would have dissuaded me from a Vortex PST would have been a Nightforce/SB/USO/etc. at an exceptionally good price.

But I've been wrong many times before. :D

right now if somone wants to buy somthing but doesn't want the support i offer they are more than welcome to send me a pm or call me and say "i want x" my prices are and will always be at the minimum a company allows them to be.

as far as facebook, mabye when i have more time ill do facebook. right now i dont even have a personal facebook and have never really looked at it, but i do realize it could be some free advertising so who knows what the future may hold.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I hope things go well for you. I'm thinking of a rifle in 338 Lapua. Any ideas for this? I am in the very early beginning stages of this.

the 338 is a extreme long range rifle. for a scope that will keep up with that rifles potential you should look at the pst, razor line from vortex. there are also alot of great options for that rifle that i dont carry. if you have a price range in mind send me a pm and we will see if what happens.

Top Bottom