• M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    MPX with a 5.5" barrel and a 3 lug running an AAC Eco-9 as well

9mm SBR, suppressed, and subsonic.......soo....dammmnnnn.....fuuuun

Just wish my stamp would hurry up and get here. Tired of shooting just a pistol

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I also use them for USPSA in my S&W 627 revolver. I'm using 3.9 of titegroup and getting pretty good results.

seems like a lot of TG for 165s ? I'm using 3.3 in my 147s for minor PF (135pf from my G34). What velocity are you getting from those 165s w/ that much TG? no pressure signs?

-rvb

for the OP: agree w/ others no booster on fixed bbl.

-rvb

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    seems like a lot of TG for 165s ? I'm using 3.3 in my 147s for minor PF (135pf from my G34). What velocity are you getting from those 165s w/ that much TG? no pressure signs?

-rvb

for the OP: agree w/ others no booster on fixed bbl.

-rvb

I have not had a chance to chrono them yet. Since Silver Creek has the stupid no PCC rule, I have to wait until I have time to get to South Central to chrono them.

I did find that in my Liberty Mystic that anything under 3.5 the round was destabilizing in the can, but not in the Eco-9. I was also getting keyholing in my pistol with that load.

After talking to Liberty, we came up with-

1. The volume of the 2 cans are different. The Mystic is larger and a mono-core baffle. We believe that the round was starting to yawl in the can. I was getting some baffle kisses and pieces of jacket in the can, with the 3.2 titgroup load.

2. Up the charge. I went to 4.1, but it was getting a louder crack, so I went to 3.8/3.9. The crack went away and bullet stabilization was much better.

The volume, internally of the Mystic and the Eco-9 can are different. The Mystic is larger in diameter and a tad longer. Liberty also believes that the Mystic has different vortices as the bullet passes down the mono core, than the Eco 9, which has separate baffles.

No pressure signs. Now the 3.2 in the AAC Eco-9 can runs well, no bullet stability issues. I'm trying to find a load that runs good in both, but if it comes down to it after I can chrono it, I may stick to the Eco-9/3.2 titegroup combo.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    cool. thanks.
    have you looked at what twist your barrels have? may be too slow for a 165? what does a 165 do that a 147 can't? especially if you are having to amp it up to stabilize? For silencer use, the less pressure the better, imo (especially if talking direct blow back like most PCCs)

-rvb

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    cool. thanks.
    have you looked at what twist your barrels have? may be too slow for a 165? what does a 165 do that a 147 can't? especially if you are having to amp it up to stabilize? For silencer use, the less pressure the better, imo (especially if talking direct blow back like most PCCs)

-rvb

My thought process was to use the same bullet that I use for USPSA. I hate buying different bullets.

The CMMG 9mm SBR is a 1/10 twist. I don't think it's a issue of the barrel on the SBR, but with the handgun I think it is too slow. It works fine in the lower charge weights with the AAC can, but not with the Liberty, in my CMMG.

But....if for some reason it's going to be more hassle that it's worth, I'll go back to 147 for suppressor use and stick to 165 for USPSA.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I hear ya about 1 bullet...
    I use the same bullet/load in... everything. from berettas to glocks to 1911s to silenced 9mm AR SBR. Since I started loading in '05 I've probably loaded ~100k-125k of the same 147 load. By now I figure if the gun won't run w/ my 9mm load, something is wrong with the gun! haha...

sounds like a 147 is going to be better for your cans. especially for direct blowback when the breech is trying to unlock immediately, no sense pushing case pressure when both are subsonic. it just works the brass more and is louder...

-rvb

Top Bottom