• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    So I used to have a tokarev, but went to school in Gary and traded into a CZ-82 for a carry gun. Now im down in southern Indiana and I dont have as pressing a need for an everyday carry gun and want to get into tokarev guns.

Well the tokarev is a relatively high pressure round and long casing and I was wondering what is the most powerful 9mm diameter round that would be safe in a surplus tokarev? Also, where could I get a 9x19 barrel?

Also, while this is probably out of the wheelhouse of most non-slavic and non-history buff INGO guys, but in the m88a, can you put a 7.62x25mm barrel in that gun?

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Are you asking if rounds hotter than 7.25x25 can be fired in a Tok? I believe most (of not all) pistol-safe 9mm rounds are a step down from x25; K-pots are designed to stop 9x19 but 7.62x25 will punch a hole.

As for the M88A, GIYF.

To convert the pistol to 7.62x25 would require cutting down and recrowning a replacement 7.62x25 barrel, then milling off its front locking lug on all but its top half, modifying a TT-33 7.62x25 barell bushing by relieving it for the locking lugs, then removing the spacer in the magazine well for the 9mm mags.

Zastava M88, Magazines? - THR

Top Bottom