• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    I was in a local store, a few days ago, and was surprised to see 7x57mm Mauser ammo on the shelf. They had ten boxes. Of course it was $45 for twenty rounds.

Yesterday, I was reloading 7x57mm Mauser and I figured up the cost of my components. (just bought some brass from a member here)

Everything came out to $13 a box. That was with 168 grain HPBT bullets, H414 powder, CCI LRP and Federal cases. That is a great savings!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've always thought 7mm Mauser was a pretty neat round, I'd love to have a gun in that caliber, glad you're saving money, and keeping the classic round alive..

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I love the caliber, but don't reload, so aside from some (very little) surplus, and some (again, very little) factory loads I managed to find here & there... the bulk of my ammo is S&B or PPU.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I love the caliber, but don't reload, so aside from some (very little) surplus, and some (again, very little) factory loads I managed to find here & there... the bulk of my ammo is S&B or PPU.
    Years ago Norma use to make 7mm Mauser. I haven't seen it in the last 20 or so years from them. Not sure if they still make it or not.

TxPhred

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Jeezus that is a handsome rifle Phred !!
    thanks, picked it up locally at 500 guns. It is super fun to shoot. I found quite a bit of S&B ammo and it shoots it just fine. I am going to reload (PPU brass) with some 120g Hammer Hunters. The rifle is really light and nimble. It has an original Zeiss 4x fixed scope, with a think fixed post. Has great accuracy with factory ammo so far. And as you said, just plain Handsome! H1121-L136069766.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    thanks, picked it up locally at 500 guns. It is super fun to shoot. I found quite a bit of S&B ammo and it shoots it just fine. I am going to reload (PPU brass) with some 120g Hammer Hunters. The rifle is really light and nimble. It has an original Zeiss 4x fixed scope, with a think fixed post. Has great accuracy with factory ammo so far. And as you said, just plain Handsome! View attachment 220109
    That is very nice.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I used to have a Spanish Mauser I made into a Mannlicher looking scout rifle with the barrel being shortened to right at the band at the stock. It was a good rifle. I missed it when I sold it, and had fell in love with the cartridge, but couldn't find another in nice shape, so I got a modern rifle in the old caliber... a Remington 700 Classic.

7mm Mauser on Princess rock.png

Top Bottom