Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If you are in any way iffy about running the mill, punt the stock. You'll be doing yourself a favor in the long as the B&C medalists have only slightly less milk jug content than the factory offerings.

Their marketing point, aside from the obviously ill fit "M40" designation, is the aluminum bedding block, all 3 dimensions of which will need to be milled out to fit the DBM correctly. Even Stocky's is familiar enough to advise not doing it, though no doubt someone has tackled the job with a dremel and pronounced themselves successful.

McMillan and Manners can deliver a stock inlet for a drop in fit for that DBM and their stocks are light years ahead of a Medalist.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'd be a little leery with a B&C stock, but that's just me. I would try to sell it, buy an H&S Precision, and drop in their DBM (if a Manners, McMillan, AI, or the like are out of your price range).

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    So why is it such a bad idea to get a B&C stock inletted for M5 bottom medal?

I think they are fine stocks (as long as we are talking about the medalist with the aluminum block). I just had one break on the forend, and couldn't believe how hollowed out the inside was. I've put my HS M24 through way more hell, and it's held up just fine. YMMV though. I just think with the going rate of an Remington Police takeoff, the HS is the way to go.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I think they are fine stocks (as long as we are talking about the medalist with the aluminum block). I just had one break on the forend, and couldn't believe how hollowed out the inside was. I've put my HS M24 through way more hell, and it's held up just fine. YMMV though. I just think with the going rate of an Remington Police takeoff, the HS is the way to go.
    I gotcha. The only reason I ask is because I have a B&C medalist style 3 (hook) that I am thinking about sending in to get inletted for M5 bottom metal, but didn't know if that was a bad idea?

By the way, I thought HS precision was somewhat hollow as well, with a foam core?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    They are, but for whatever reason (might be luck as much as anything), I've had better experience with the HS. That said, I'm sure your B&C will be fine. Just measure twice / cut once, take your time, etc.... Good luck :thumbsup:

Top Bottom