• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have now made it 7 months without a cigarette. To me, this is one of my best personal accomplishments. I have been "prepping" for a long time for the day when the zombies come. :ar15:But I had this thought about 7 months ago, what good is all my prepping if I can't breath long enough to even carry my gear. With me closing in on the BIG 4-0 in October I want to get myself in shape. Now I won't BS you here, I put on about 30 pounds since I quit smoking, doing a lot of this :popcorn: and some more of this :popcorn: and before I knew it I felt like :rolleyes: I smoked nearly two packs a day for the past 2 decades. So now I'm on a mission to drop 50 pounds, get back in the gym, lift weights, and get active again. So to all of those who smoke, if you want to really quit and you are dedicated to do so, you will do it. It will be rough and you will be tempted, but stick to your guns, it does get easier, and you will prove to yourself. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN THOSE CIGARETTES. Do it for yourself, do it for your family. I'm not bashing smokers here. If you are a smoker and you want to quit only you know when that time comes. If you decide to quit smoking and need a support system, INGO is a good place. I received a lot of support from a lot good people on this forum.

:twocents:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Congrats! I've been smoke free for over six years now. Quit cold turkey shortly after finding out I was going to be a dad. Had a two-pack-per-day habit at the time, I'm glad I quit when I did. Just get ready to gain some weight, but everything else is more than worth it.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i havent smoked for two days, i do this like every month, ill quit for like 3days and then i convince myself that i can quit when i want, but i always end up going back. in fact i have six dollars in my pocket that i have been debating whether or not to go buy a pack. every time i smoke, i always think towards the end of the cig that i need to quit, anyone else do that?

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i havent smoked for two days, i do this like every month, ill quit for like 3days and then i convince myself that i can quit when i want, but i always end up going back. in fact i have six dollars in my pocket that i have been debating whether or not to go buy a pack. every time i smoke, i always think towards the end of the cig that i need to quit, anyone else do that?

Man I can't tell you how many times I quit and started a day later. I would get so frustrated at myself. I can honestly say, each time I quit in the past I didn't do it for the right reasons. My wife has never smoked, so she would complain all the time about, like how bad my clothes smelled, my breath, my truck, my garage (I didn't smoke in the house), mostly the fact I was spending nearly $12.00 a day. So when I actually quit, I did it for me. Just keep trying.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Ive made it going on 8years smoke free! Keep it up man it only gets easier! and you kids and grandkids will thank you someday

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Excellent! Congrats and taking a new step in your life. Quitting smoking is like dieting; you have to do more than just stop smoking or eating, you have to change your life habits.

I've been an ex-smoker for almost 7 years and I will still get the craving for one once in a great-great while. One time I even reached into my shirt pocket to get a pack of smokes...a pack that hadn't been in that pocket for 5 years! It gets easier with every passing day but it isn't an easy thing to just do. You need the support of family to be understanding when you become a moody bastard! It took a lot of will power, motivation and prayer to get it done for me...and some nicotine gum sure didn't hurt either. I figured what I spent each week on smokes and whatever else I'd buy when I'd run in (Coke, Dean's chocolate milk etc) and I got to keep that money as a weekly allowance. Back then I was spending $50 a week on stuff like that and I used the money savings as motivation...pretty easy to buy a new gun or ammo when you can squirrel away extra coin at that rate. I'd easily be spending $100 a week on smokes if I still did that today; take that $$$ you are going to spend on smokes and pay it to yourself like a bill...each week you get that much to spend on whatever you want or save up for some reloading equipment or that Colt Python you've always wanted.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Looking forward to when I'll have months behind me. I'm on week five of no smoking, only smoked 10-15 cigarettes a day but had done so for 25 years. I love hearing that it gets easier and cravings get less cause I've been struggling. Congrats to everyone that has quit and good luck to anyone who wants too. :)

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Man I can't tell you how many times I quit and started a day later. I would get so frustrated at myself. I can honestly say, each time I quit in the past I didn't do it for the right reasons. My wife has never smoked, so she would complain all the time about, like how bad my clothes smelled, my breath, my truck, my garage (I didn't smoke in the house), mostly the fact I was spending nearly $12.00 a day. So when I actually quit, I did it for me. Just keep trying.
    thanks for the rep, so far still going strong. although i did find a couple old packs that never got thrown away and im not gonna lie, i did peek inside to see if there were any left.But luckily all were empty. So far the longest ive been able to quit for was a month. Do you guys miss it at all?

Top Bottom