• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Starlline used to make brass that was made to work with the Lee Die Set for the Nagant Revolver. I also have a .32 ACP Cylinder and of course, dies and all to reload those. What I am wondering is if anyone has load data and some idea of how to substitute some other brass to reload for the Nagant. I don't have specs for the round at the moment so I can't trim anything to the right length yet but that's minor compared to finding a caliber brass that minimizes this need. All ammo is hard to find these days but Nagant ammo wasn't all that plentiful before the rush so I imagine once I use up wheat I have now.

So I am trying to look for options before it becomes a crisis. So if anyone has any ideas, I would sure appreciate hearing them. Saving the brass is an option if it doesn't split on firing which is common. The dies don't make ammo with the inset bullet FYI, they look like a "regular" round with the bullet sitting on top.

My Revolver, .32ACP Cylinder, Dies and from left to right a .32 ACP, .32 H&R Mag, .32 Fed Mag, and a 7.62 Nagant.
    main.php

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Are you looking to reload the ammo or looking for factory Nagant ammo? Based on the way the brass is crimped over the bullet, that might be a tough one to reload.

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    Okay, the load I had intended to use was a Max of 3.5 grains of red dot under a 98 grain Magtech LRN. The 3.5 grain load should chrony out around 750 fps. I did not get any further than buying some Schroeder brass and researching the load I intended to try, I had planned to start under 3 grains and work up, but found a good buy on Russian Nagant ammo and never took it any further. I have also seen a load for 3.2 grains of Bulls eye, but don't know anything about that load beyond this. The Magtech bullet diameter is .312

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    Saw some factory ammo at Cabellas in Hammond this afternoon. Across the aisle from the main caliber shelves. Smaller half shelf under the 380 auto. (Which they also had in stock.)

I know it's not reloading specs, not even sure it was brass ammo, but I thought that you might want to know. Good luck man!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, thanks for all the tips on whee the ammo can be bought but I am wanting to reload it. I am interested in your brass RollingBlock, please PM me with details. I have a fair bit of the ammo to shoot yet but I have thios strange need to be able to reload everything as well as just shoot it.

Thanks for those links Davedolli! THAT's what I wanted! I remembered than Mak.com had it but I thought they closed the site when they went out of business. I bought a lot of stuff from them way back when including 10K .380 ACP Starline Brass headstamped .32NAA that I am still reloading today. In fact I am just now shaping a fresh batch of 500 for range time loads. They tend to split fast unfortunately but they are still a lot cheaper than buying .32NAA just to practice.

Anyone else have any more reloading info or components. please let me know. I am sure to have something to trade for it if not I will just pay cash for it.

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I am also interested in your results. I recently purchased 2 Nagant revolvers. It is getting harder to find ammo. Thanks

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well, I am subscribed to the thread so when the data is ready, I'll post it for everyone. I no longer have a working chronograph so no velocity information for anyone, you can add that yourselves.

It will be a while before I can think about getting any 32-20 brass for anyone, let alone Starline si I am going to try using both .32 H&R Mag and .327 Fed Mag, which I have on hand, to start the experimentation.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Bradis had ammo yesterday.

I do appreciate the heads up, this is about loading the stuff. I have been wanting to do more about loading these because I guess I want to see how well I can do it. There are other calibers that fit and function in the revolvers like .32 H&R Mag, .32 S&W Longs and .32ACP (even without the special cylinder) but sometimes you just want to see if you can do something too.

Top Bottom