• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just watched this video and it is very interesting to me as I am not a hunter. Just not my thing. But, I am amazed by the animal rights groups vitriol and feel that it is incredibly similar in nature to anti-gun groups. IMHO, I think the animal rights groups would be happier to see these animals extinct than growing in population. Yes, the hunters are going after exotic animals for sport, but, as stated in the report, the dollars they spend allow for an increase in the population of endangered and near extinct animals. What would be ideal to me? Keep hunting them, here, where it's regulated, where the dollars spent actually result in tangible increases in the animal populations. Then, spend a few extra dollars to reintroduce a portion of those animals into the wilds of Africa and keep them protected there. Keep doing that until they overpopulate and then have a cull, just like we do for deer. The animal rights groups would let these species die and then complain that it's due to illegal hunting. There I go, rambling again. Just reinforces my feeling that sportsman are better conservationists than Animal Rights Groups.

Can hunting endangered animals save the species? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Top Bottom