• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I have 139 grain PPU bullets and H335 powder. I can’t find any load data for the PPU bullets. If I start with the lowest load for 140 grain bullets will that be safe for 139 grain ppu? If anyone has a mild recipe load for these they want to share I would be grateful.

Thank you,
    bob

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    That data will be fine. A 1 grain difference in bullet weight is nothing. Hodgon site shows H-335 28.0 grains with a 140 grain .264 bullet for a starting load.
    It is always a good idea to slug the bore. I have cast bullet loads for it too if you want.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    That data will be fine. A 1 grain difference in bullet weight is nothing. Hodgon site shows H-335 28.0 grains with a 140 grain .264 bullet for a starting load.
    It is always a good idea to slug the bore. I have cast bullet loads for it too if you want.
    If they are the correct PPU bullets for the 6.5 Carcano, they will be .268 diameter.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I bought PPU .268 from Brian’s when he was set up at Greenfield. The reason I bought them is because I have Hornady dies and they only size to .268”. I tried .264 bullets and they slip through the neck of brass at the tightest setting.

Top Bottom