50yrd Rimfire Benchrest Match, Interest?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Was kind of wanting to gauge to see if there would be any interest if I were to hold a 50yrd benchrest match. Might be kind of fun before it turns nasty weather. Would be shot from the bench at official 50yrd benchrest targets and scored accordingly and limited to 22lr rifles to kind of keep things on a somewhat even playing field. If there would be enough interest may try and set a date and go from there. If its something you think you'd be interested in post up a date that may work best for you (would have to be a Saturday) or send me a PM.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It may work for me, it will depend on if I'm at the weekend place and what my son has going on... Thanks

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I got another person interested for a total of 3 on my end. October 10th would work really well for me. Pretty much any weekend after that would work too.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I got another person interested for a total of 3 on my end. October 10th would work really well for me. Pretty much any weekend after that would work too.

Ok Ill work on trying to see what day Id be able to as well and see if we can get something set in stone.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok fellas looks like Id be able to hold this shoot on October 17th or the 24th. Let me know if this would work, so I can gauge how many would be attending.

Last edited:

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i havent shot for several years due to my health but depending on weather i might be interested. ihave a few questions, tho. 1. is electricity within 100 ft. of benches, i am on oxygen 24/7 and need to plug my oxygen concentrator in. 2. what targets do you have, i have some usbr and psl targets i could bring. 3. what style of rifle due you use, i have a bolt gun and a 10/22 that i shoot. 4. do you need extra benches, i have one i built on wheels that i shoot of of. 4, rests allowed? sorry so long and the 24th would work too.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    i havent shot for several years due to my health but depending on weather i might be interested. ihave a few questions, tho. 1. is electricity within 100 ft. of benches, i am on oxygen 24/7 and need to plug my oxygen concentrator in. 2. what targets do you have, i have some usbr and psl targets i could bring. 3. what style of rifle due you use, i have a bolt gun and a 10/22 that i shoot. 4. do you need extra benches, i have one i built on wheels that i shoot of of. 4, rests allowed? sorry so long and the 24th would work too.

You don't have a portable O2 tank? How do you ever leave the house?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I would LOVE to drag my kids out to this (and me shoot too), but we just can't catch a break these days when it comes to weekends.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

No bud Im sorry I don't have power out there, My range is out back in my woods so its back away from the house. We will be using official IBS 50yrd benchrest targets. Ill be using a heavy barrel Savage bolt action. I appreciate the offer, but the benches on the range are permanently attached and are the only ones that will be shot from due to the firing lane size.

Top Bottom