• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ya know*** after thinking this over and reading this thread ya'll are right. What i mean by this is, I just bought a handgun off GBroker site unseen.
    Sorry for the BS rant and this SLIGHT 500 gun bashing.
    Thread should have never been started!! I was wrong.
    I can respect that.
    Sometimes we need to look at things from the other point of view.
    I help out occasionally at a gun shop, and we are not allowed to (or let others) disassemble guns. Springs and other small parts are very easy to lose. Almost anyone can take a gun apart, not everyone can put it back together correctly (think "idiot marks").

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My thing is this; for every one person that actually can disassemble the firearm I just handed them, there are 6 or 7 people who are not as expert. Any guy behind the counter has know way of knowing who is who. That person leaves the idiot scratch on a 1911, then decides not to buy it, guess who loses income when no one else wants to buy it? That being said, he should have offered to strip it for you.

I used to have a guy come in alot, he would finger **** every single gun we had (never bought anything), but he was especially bad with AKs. He would dry fire those suckers dozens of times, then without a word, field strip it and start jacking with it. While messing with it he would say something to the effect of, "Hmmm, that doesn't feel right". After doing NOTHING to it, he would almost always scratch the finish up struggling with the dust covers. The cherry on top? He'd say, "There ya go, it's good now". These weren't all just WASRs, he scratched the finish on brand new Arsenals, Waffenwerks, and Saigas. If I was shopping for a new gun, I wouldn't buy one with a jacked up finish. After awhile I would start reminding him before I handed him a gun to please not disassemble it.

Moral of the story: don't take things personally. It is very rare that someone behind the counter deliberately tries to cause offense.

As an aside, I've always wondered why gun shops are one of the last businesses where people routinely think they can haggle on the price. LGSs struggle enough to compete with the Cabelas and Gander Mtns, and their prices are typically already better or at least competitive. We don't ask butchers to give us reduced prices on meat, or ask the cashier at the grocery store to throw in a couple of ears of corn if we buy a pack of hamburger buns.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    Ya know*** after thinking this over and reading this thread ya'll are right. What i mean by this is, I just bought a handgun off GBroker site unseen.
    Sorry for the BS rant and this SLIGHT 500 gun bashing.
    Thread should have never been started!! I was wrong.
    I was looking at a used, Spanish side by side in this shop & I asked them if it was alright to open the action to look down the bores. They gave their permission. I asked FIRST. Then, I asked them if they'd break it down to it's 3 main sections. European shotguns have proof marks & chamber lengths stamped on the water table & underside of the barrels. They did it for me. I bought the shotgun. A couple weeks later I was back in there & was looking at a B.S.A. double gun & asked them if they'd break it down & they told me, "Go ahead; you know what you're doing". I also bought that shotgun. About a month later I was back & they buzzed me in & when I headed for the used shotgun rack; they said, "Help yourself; go ahead & check out anything you want".

Top Bottom