• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm a longtime member. I've been MIA for awhile. I'm here tonight visiting, what kind of free stuff can I have? :-).

Instead of a ribbon, could I maybe have a tiara?

Ditto! Glad to have you back.

920x920.jpg

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well... the post requirement also helps to protect other members, gives a bit of info into who you are dealing with.

You post your gun for sale here and somebody makes an account with 1 post and wants to "buy" it and they want to meet tonight behind the waffle house off of 465 at 10 p.m.
    MIGHT be seen as bit sketchy...

Or you get stood up. I've never been stood up here on ingo unlike Craigslist, Armslist, and Facebook

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not the first time that I have read this on this site, from several different persons. Yes, there is some money involved for the owners of a site of this kind, my bet is that there is a handsome return. I would like to see the financials.
    Start a website, buy the bandwidth, attract 1000 members each with 30 shill accounts, and you’ll have the financials you so desperately crave.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Question, would it be possible to disable the Classifieds section to all who are not members and members who have less than 50 posts?
    So, someone visits the site, isn't logged in or has less than 50 posts, and there just is no Classifieds section for them. Maybe it limits things a little, but it might keep people from signing up just for the Classifieds and may also keep some users from asking this question, because they wouldn't even know that the Classifieds existed.
    Then, when a member hits 50 posts, it says, "Oh hey, you've unlocked this new feature!"
    Could even list it somewhere in signup page stating, "after 50 posts, the Classifieds section will be unlocked."

I have no idea how hard this would be or if it's even possible, but it might be something to look into.

PS- I had the same issue. Joined in 2012 literally because someone local had a 22 rifle that I was super interested in. Messaged him a couple times and never interacted here until earlier this year when I was looking to trade out an AR-15 upper that I had. Ended up becoming a Site Supporter at that time and now I've started to use the forum much more as well.
    Really wish I would have started using it more back in 2012.
    I get rules and to be honest, I'm glad I was forced to either jump in and post or support the site, which also made me feel more inclined to stick around since I had a little skin invested at that point.
    So, my suggestion is just that. A suggestion. It might make things easier on the mods.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Doesn't hurt me a bit to have a little history on someone before I head out to meet them along side the road someplace for a gun deal. Ill wait to sell no problem. People on here have been some nice folks I must say. I did my first arms list trade recently. Don't think Ill be doing that again. It was sketchy to say the least.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Start a website, buy the bandwidth, attract 1000 members each with 30 shill accounts, and you’ll have the financials you so desperately crave.

Vigilant has 30 Schill accounts?

In other news, the other day I bought some shotgun shells from a longstanding member from New Castle. I don't recall ever having met the gentleman, but his reputation preceded him. He was on time, polite, and concise. His shells were exactly as described, and the whole transaction took about two minutes. Exactly as expected.

THAT is the value of the fifty post rule. I think it's a pretty minimal hurdle. I've gotten some great deals in the classies, but they're very seldom the first thing I look at.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not the first time that I have read this on this site, from several different persons. Yes, there is some money involved for the owners of a site of this kind, my bet is that there is a handsome return. I would like to see the financials.

servers cost money. servers that can keep up with the traffic this place sees, all the pics, etc cost more money. I've dabbled on that side of things and I doubt the owner's exactly rolling in cash from either the ad revinue or site supporters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...In other news, the other day I bought some shotgun shells from a longstanding member from New Castle. I don't recall ever having met the gentleman, but his reputation preceded him. He was on time, polite, and concise. His shells were exactly as described, and the whole transaction took about two minutes. Exactly as expected.

THAT is the value of the fifty post rule...

I've drove a whole lot farther to meet and trade with this same gent. A fine fellow!
    Had lunch with my wicked step mother and another family member to help justify the trip on top of stopping in Indy for another trade that materialized less than 12 hours before.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I told a friend of mine about this forum, and he asked about the 50 post rule, I told him they want people to engage, and enjoy this forum. I love this place, and am grateful to be back, I recently noticed a long time member who only had 100 posts, they obviously don't get the forum, I couldn't imagine not participating in the threads, and checking the marketplace every day......

Top Bottom