• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    They can be good natured but need a strong alpha human as I am sure you know. Most people just freak out when they see them. Have known a few that took down some cattle of mine, they didn't survive---the dogs, not the cattle. When they are raised right they can be good dogs.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those who choose to not go "fireman ready" at home, I hope you at least consider it when you're in a hotel.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    saw an article in one of the gun rags recently about a home style ready bag. held spare mags, light cell phone etc. looked to be very handy to have next to your house gun. grab the bag, throw it over your shoulder, grab the ar and you're ready.
    the fireman ready is a good idea, but struggling into a pair of pants with a few pistols is not really easy. try it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i've learned not to surprise the rhino when he's sleeping. i think i can deal with him shooting me (i've seen him shoot, hehe), but the thought of seeing him come after me nekkid. i shudder. i gasp. then i shudder again.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had some excitement this morning, probably around 0200 to 0300. I heard a thump on the window in the kitchen. Then I heard it again, and it kept happening every few seconds. I went to the kitchen, turned out the light so I could see outside, and saw the culprit with my SureFire skulking about.

It was a bird, flying into the window over and over. He finally went away.

It was moderately tense until then, though!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    rhino,

If that's not proof of the Animal Conspiracy, I don't know what is. I hope you know that this was a perspicacious test to investigate and evaluate your response tactics.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Ah hah! My secret plan of using attack birds against Rhino is going better than planned! Muahahahaha!!!

Oh.. I guess it's not to secret anymore! Damn you Rhino! DAMN YOU!!! :tantrum:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Use the bird on the window whilst you sneak in on the other. Beware of the man with trained birds!

As far as "fireman ready" at a hotel, you'd better believe it! Who the heck do I know that would know me there, no one! If they are knocking or beating than the place better be on fire or something. Heck, I don't get visitors at my house either so I suppose the same should really apply there.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I have found that fireman ready has come prety natural to me. Probably has something to do with the dozens and dozens of Midnight or 0200 wakeups to DONG! DONG! DONG! GENERAL QUARTERS!! GENERAL QUARTERS!! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTTLE STATIONS!! :do2::runaway::dunno::runaway::do2:

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I have found that fireman ready has come prety natural to me. Probably has something to do with the dozens and dozens of Midnight or 0200 wakeups to DONG! DONG! DONG! GENERAL QUARTERS!! GENERAL QUARTERS!! ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTTLE STATIONS!! :do2::runaway::dunno::runaway::do2:
    Had to have been a sailor.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I still just rely on a barking dog and a good old pump shotgun.....Low tech but effective.
    I second this method. Also all you who keep your gun in the safe at night, this can work against you in an emergency when you have to get to it quick.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So, 2:00am ding-dong-ditch. No biggie, kids will be kids. Little late, especially for a school night, but whatever. 2:20, another one. It's getting really annoying. Who lets their kids out this late on a school night? WTF? 2:45, they abandon the doorbell, and give 3 LOUD pounds on the door. At this point it sounded like someone was trying to bust down my door. Instantly grabbed my Glock and light (on me. Usually don't have the light, but I was working on my AR and it was next to me.) The last one really did startle me, but my reaction was instantaneous, so I guess that's good. Shined my light outside to make sure no-one's standing there and shine my light around a bit. Don't see anyone, but the adrenaline was pumping. I assume my neighbors got it too, most their porch lights were on that aren't usually.

Parents (and kids) these days :soapbox:
    I'm gettin to old for this stuff (at 19 lol)

Top Bottom