• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    I own a g22rtf and personally I love it, I think it feels better in my hand, and gives me the feel of a tighter, less prone to slip grip. I read an article in combat handguns magazine that said the rtf was introduced as a hand gun with a grip to accomodate those who have a job that uses gloves, such as swat and special forces and so on. Im a mechanic, and my hands are barly ever complety skin tone after a good day of work, and I think it makes the gun "stick" to my hand better. Im a fan, but not every is, or will be.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    shooter, many of the things you have brought up are long time wishes of people everywhere. As im sure you know, there is a points system for imported firearms, and thats why some of the wishes havent been granted. Thats why .380s are avail in other countries, but not here, they dont make enough points to be imported.

Can you explain the point system? I've not heard of that before.

Thanks!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    THE RTF isnt bad, but the slide serrations suck. The old ones "feel" better, IMHO. I think Glock looked at what people were doing and thought, hey, we can do that there. Grip Stippling was our answer to Glock's grip texture, so they gave us the RTF. The slide serrations dont seem to grip well and look funky on the gun. They should have kept the normal serrations, but added front ones if they wanted to horse with the slide. My two cents.

I still say the Glock Model 40 should be a long slide G21 for competition use.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As im sure you know, there is a points system for imported firearms, and thats why some of the wishes havent been granted. Thats why .380s are avail in other countries, but not here, they dont make enough points to be imported.

A moot point if they make the frames here (as they are currently doing with the full-size and compact models).

ATF uses an arbitrary system to determine if a pistol is importable. Certain features are assigned a certain value, and a pistol must score at least 75 points.
    ATF Import Points

Last edited:

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County

Thanks!

It's called BATF. Basically a pistol gets awarded points for different things having to do with the gun itself or the caliber used or safety features. Here is a website explaining it all
    The Glock FAQ [Glock Model Info]
    I hope this helps

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page, you'll see a graph explaining what gets points.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    ... But no, instead we get .45GAP, baby-puke green frames, "SF" guns that offer a negligible ergonomic improvement, and the "change for change's sake" RTF...

Alright, Alright....Let's not start bashing the GAP here. :D:D I have enough trouble defending myself on Glock Talk.

Kidding aside, I am on the fence about Glock innovation. I think that Gen 3 glocks are as far from the original design as they should go and that they are perfect how they are (Kool-Aid is great by the way), although without seeing what they come up with next I can't really decide that I hate it. I certainly like the Glock package better than anything else out there. If they go to external safeties I'll never buy Glock again, that's for sure.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    "If they go to external safeties I'll never buy Glock again, that's for sure."

me too. that would defeat the best feature.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Is there a reason Glock doesn't do standard rails on the babies?

If by babies you mean the G26/G27 sized pistols, they probably don't have rails because there would not be enough room for a light to fit if they had one. I think that the light would bump up against the front of the trigger guard before locking into the rail cut.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If by babies you mean the G26/G27 sized pistols, they probably don't have rails because there would not be enough room for a light to fit if they had one.

There are micro lights on the market now for guns like the Kel Tec PF9, Taurus Millennium and SA XD subcompact that would fit, but there's just not enough material in the dustcover area on the G26/27 to accommodate a rail. Which, IMO, is just as well; I don't see the point of an itty-bitty light on an itty-bitty CCW piece anyway.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    There are micro lights on the market now for guns like the Kel Tec PF9, Taurus Millennium and SA XD subcompact that would fit, but there's just not enough material in the dustcover area on the G26/27 to accommodate a rail. Which, IMO, is just as well; I don't see the point of an itty-bitty light on an itty-bitty CCW piece anyway.

Interesting. I didn't know there were weapon lights that small. I've stuck to the SF 200 (and now 300) series for all my pistol mounted lights. Also, I agree that adding a light to a G26/27 takes away much of the utility derived from its small size.

Top Bottom