• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    So obviously someone has messed with the sights on my 460 before I owned it. The windage screw has been removed and the detent is missing also windage doesn't want to adjust correctly the blade gets in a bind.
    So in shopping around looking at all new rear sight (i was hoping to find a new tritium rear sight i liked) I'm seeing way more oem options than I was expecting.
    What I'm gathering is there several different lengths (center of screw holes). And then blade heights.
    My 460 has a 3.5" barrel with the sight on it now it's hitting low. So im assuming I'm going to want a taller blade, but i don't know what blade is on it now. Short of taking it apart. Is there a standard blade hieght for the 3.5" barrel? And does any one know the rear sight part # for this rear sight. I was going to call s&w this week but figured I'd ask you all for some input. I know there's some very knowledgeable guys on here. I can't seem to find the #'s I'm looking for on line, well i am but nothing concrete.
    No disrespect but if all you have to say is smart ass remarks then please don't reply. I've had my fill of that on here. Just trying to learn about this handgun

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Info for S&W rear sights here. There is a special bit sold for installing new blade but not really needed.

Last edited:

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    Info fir S&W rear sights here. There is a special bit sold for installing new blade but not really needed.

Yea I've seen that. I need to find a detent for this sight yet. That's why I'm looking to get a whole new rear sight for now

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Have you reached out to S&W customer service? They should be able to tell you what sight you need and give you the specs on it. They might even send you the parts you need. They have been super helpful in the past.

jerzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2023
    North liberty
    Have you reached out to S&W customer service? They should be able to tell you what sight you need and give you the specs on it. They might even send you the parts you need. They have been super helpful in the past.
    I'm going to tomorrow. Figure they will know exactly what i should need.

Top Bottom