• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ok, so I'm planning my next full-sized pistol purchase and I'm having trouble deciding exactly which .45 to get. I'm looking at Sig P250, Sig P220 combat, HK USP MK 23, Beretta PX4 Combat. Any insight will be helpful.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I own a Sig P220 not one foul up in well over 1k rnds.

Its about the same weight and size of a 1911 so if can hide one of those you can hide a 220.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    1a.... MK23 (if you realize the size and cost factors this would be amazing, but still might take the HK45/ USP45 Tac over this due to cost and they could do 98% of what this does for what the average shooter takes part in, but that being said, if I had the money, I would get it.)

1b.... HK45 or HK USP 45 Tactical (new HK45 feals great and has the tactical trigger without the overtravel screw.... tactical because it is just sweet, I loved the Tac model, but sold it as I am going all 9mm and saving up for CZ 75 shadow custom!!!)

1c.... Sig P220 (I would take this over a standard USP45, but not said models above on the list, but I do like the trigger for it just being a standard trigger, not a match.)

2..... HK USP 45 (Nice gun, but the P220 has a better trigger)

3a.... Beretta PX4 (Nice gun, the rotating barrel is bad if you want to suppress in the future, but besides that it is nice, just not as much as the ones above)

3b.... FNP 45 tactical (Cheap mans Sig..... well the tac model is still pricey but nice guns)

9999999...... Sig 250 (Not worth buying IMHO, the DAO is light, but it is still a DAO and the fact that it just doesnt seem like a Sig makes me turn away from this completely)

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I've owned a USP 45 and PX4 and I have to say I prefer the PX4 over the USP. First of all they both excellent pistols. They both are very soft shooters for being 45's and they both have similar accuracy. However, the PX4 has a much better trigger pull out of the box, Magazines can be found cheaper for the PX4, and its MSRP is several hundred dollars less than the USP. IMO the only thing the USP beats the PX4 in is magazine capacity.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    HK Fan, so a bit biased.
    If u have larger hands, USP 45, hands down!
    Smaller hands, Sig P220 (they are very sweet).
    I agree w others, run from 250.
    No experience w PX4, I don't like their look, but that's fairly trivial to some.

You didn't include HK45 or HK45C, or I'd have listed them @ tie for #1.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Good Choice! :yesway:

Sig makes a pretty darn respectable 1911. I had one I sold to get my P220. Personally I like my P220 better, But never had any problems from the 1911 and sold it for more than I paid for it. You will be happy with yours Im sure, plus the threaded barrel makes for added fun possiblites. ;)

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    I have a HK .45 tatical and it is by far the best pistol i have ever owned. This pistol changed my view on polymer pistols. Not only is the trigger sweet it just feels right in my hand. Only thing missing from it a supressor out on the end of it, which i will be taking care of very soon. Just my :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a sig. I have a H&K USP. The H&K is hands down a superior hand gun. Nothing wrong with the Sig but the H&K just does a better job and feels right. The Sig is going to a new home tomorrow.

Top Bottom