Apr 23, 2008
    muncie

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    That's awful. I feel bad for the grandma, the parents, and everyone who was at Sam's that day, including emergency workers.

All around tragic event.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    One thing that should be stressed with concealed carry is that the gun should not be carried off body.

I know that many ladies may choose to be fashionable and wear skin tight clothes (and I do often appreciate the view BTW) but if you are going to have a gun with you then it seems most appropriate to have the gun on you. This is far more common with ladies and their purses, and I can't even begin to imagine trying to draw from a purse filled with personal items, but I've actually known a few men who carry guns in their brief cases? That is probably twice as slow to draw from as a purse and just as insecure and both purses and briefcases get stolen and left behind. I guess you can't legislate common sense?

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    One thing that should be stressed with concealed carry is that the gun should not be carried off body.

I know that many ladies may choose to be fashionable and wear skin tight clothes (and I do often appreciate the view BTW) but if you are going to have a gun with you then it seems most appropriate to have the gun on you. This is far more common with ladies and their purses, and I can't even begin to imagine trying to draw from a purse filled with personal items, but I've actually known a few men who carry guns in their brief cases? That is probably twice as slow to draw from as a purse and just as insecure and both purses and briefcases get stolen and left behind. I guess you can't legislate common sense?
    Very good point sir! :thumbsup:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

The only reason I can see for carrying in a purse or briefcase is a backup gun. And even that's not a great idea as you pointed out because purses, briefcases, and laptop bags are all the target of theft.

On body carry is a pain, especially for ladies since so few of their pants have belt loops they lose lots of holster options right off the top. Which reinforces the idea ladies should carry tiny guns that rarely work.

Top to bottom, lots of bad options :( (Sorry Pami)

Top Bottom