• ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Cursory response to Beards McOperator.

1. Thank you for your service.

2. Limited mag capacity. Yep, it's true. But that means that the mags are flat and form to my body and are easy to handle when I am being all tactical like loading. It also means the weapon is flat and conforms to me so it conceals well for a full sized.

I am not fast roping into Ramadi. I am walking into a bookstore in West Lafayette.

3. Safety lever. Did your M4 come with said safety lever? Did you train past it or just rip the safety lever off the weapon and tell the Sgt. "this is what I'm doing, suck it"?

Do you teach shotgun at your Charge of the 300 School of Badassery? Did you use the safeties on your 870s or disable them?

4. Reliability. Sell your beard to Locks of Love and get yourself a Les Baer, Ed Brown, Volkmann, inter alia. Stop waving around that awful FLGR pistol and lecturing us about reliability. Geez.

Kirk, you can't see me right now, but I'm giving you a standing ovation.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Now that I am done making fun to the video. Honestly what the guy said is not bad advice. I do not recommend 1911s or J Frames to new handgun owners. 1) 1911s do carry less ammo. Of course the purpose of more capacity is not to shoot more but to reload less. 2) There are a lot of unreliable 1911s out there. Of course in the right hands they can be made reliable. 3) magazines do make a difference. 4) Manual safeties do take a lot of practice and repetition.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I agree. If he isn't competent to operate and maintain that firearm then he should get something simple that is within his skill set.
    BINGO!!!! not sure why I wasted my time for the 60 seconds I watched.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You should definitely carry a Glock 34 with 4 or 5 30 round sticks. Boy you'd hate not to have it.

Maybe purple....maybe not....

Hmm, do they make 30rd mags for the XD? :D

Seriously though, I was just poking the bear. I am more in the JFC camp. Carry what you train with, train with what you carry. Whatever it is.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hmm, do they make 30rd mags for the XD? :D

Seriously though, I was just poking the bear. I am more in the JFC camp. Carry what you train with, train with what you carry. Whatever it is.

Why do you need 30 rounds? Your XD already carries more ammo onboard then my 1911 with spare mag. I suppose if 3 meth heads try to eat my face then I am hosed!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I like the full length guide rods in all of my 1911s.

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have so many years on that gun it is second nature as it should be with any platform you choose to carry.

Know the gun. Use the gun. It is not a talisman it is a tool. If you swing a hammer a lot you usually hit the nail "Every" time you swing it.......get it.

Capacity my butt. If you can not end it in 8 you are in need of some training.

It's second nature to me too. I can't believe he was so upset about the thumb safety. If you can't click the thumb safety down while your drawing from the holster there's a issue IMO.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The entire video boiled down to his statement "I don't want to take the time to learn (a 1911)"
    He started with an opinion and then rationalized it.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    My 1911 holds 14 rounds in the double stack mag/one in the pipe for a total of 15.............what's this "capacity" issue he's speaking of???? I use it as an EDC and for IDPA competition (yes, it fits in the box and makes weight with an empty mag). It runs all day long on the cheapest crap I can feed it. I wipe it down after a day at the range and clean it at the end of the shooting season. What's the "reliability" issue??

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 1911 holds 14 rounds in the mag/one in the pipe for a total of 15.............what's this "capacity" issue he's speaking of???? I use the 45acp as an EDC and for IDPA competition (yes, it fits in the box and makes weight with an empty mag). It runs all day long on the cheapest crap I can feed it. I wipe it down after a day at the range and clean it at the end of the shooting season. What's the "reliability" issue??

I sold of my Para's.....If I can not end it in 8..........Oh well.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    For the record, I don't own a 1911. The reason for that is lack of $$$$.

I will own one someday. But it won't be anytime soon. I have too many hobbies to invest in at the moment.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have actually studied this topic extensively. This includes doing an exhaustive statistical analysis of 927 lethal shootings. What I found will rock your beliefs to the core.

It in fact hurts as much to be shot with a 1911 as it does with other platforms.

My conclusion: I do not want to be shot with one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have actually studied this topic extensively. This includes doing an exhaustive statistical analysis of 927 lethal shootings. What I found will rock your beliefs to the core.

It in fact hurts as much to be shot with a 1911 as it does with other platforms.

My conclusion: I do not want to be shot with one.

Man I do not want to be shot by "Anything".

BB gun included.

Top Bottom