• ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    IBCM

Well, he does have a beard, so he's obviously right.

I will agree with him on magazine capacity. I will also agree to an extent about an external safety. I think enough of the right training can overcome that, though. As far as reliability goes, I think he basically said he wasn't smart enough to maintain a 1911, and I could go a lot of different directions with that. I think the direction I will choose is Mareeen Corrre! Ooorah, Devil Dogs!

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Meh. Towards the end he said something to the effect of, "there are tons of guys that make these things run amazingly, I'm just not going to put the time into it"

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I should also say that if he doesn't trust the 1911 with his life than he should definitely not carry one. I've had four, going on five, 1911s and I've NEVER had a reliability issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I agree. If he isn't competent to operate and maintain that firearm then he should get something simple that is within his skill set.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    lol I read the title as "I don't trust the 1911 with my wife..." I was like where's the chick in the video...???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. Towards the end he said something to the effect of, "there are tons of guys that make these things run amazingly, I'm just not going to put the time into it"

I have so many years on that gun it is second nature as it should be with any platform you choose to carry.

Know the gun. Use the gun. It is not a talisman it is a tool. If you swing a hammer a lot you usually hit the nail "Every" time you swing it.......get it.

Capacity my butt. If you can not end it in 8 you are in need of some training.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have so many years on that gun it is second nature as it should be with any platform you choose to carry.

Know the gun. Use the gun. It is not a talisman it is a tool. If you swing a hammer a lot you usually hit the nail "Every" time you swing it.......get it.

Capacity my butt. If you can not end it in 8 you are in need of some training.

Depends on number of attackers and their level of motivation. 3 meth heads who don't want to go back to prison isn't a common scenario for self defense, but I'd hate to be in it with 15 rounds, much less 8. And I say that because people, even highly trained ones, have a habit of firing more than they think they did at a target. Add in the possible necessity to keep heads down while your family exfils the area, and guns run dry pretty quickly. But that's just me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depends on number of attackers and their level of motivation. 3 meth heads who don't want to go back to prison isn't a common scenario for self defense, but I'd hate to be in it with 15 rounds, much less 8. But that's just me.

Aw geez man........3 meth heads would be eating each other.

​Head shots man.....head shots

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    lol I read the title as "I don't trust the 1911 with my wife..." I was like where's the chick in the video...???

My wife owns two 1911s. Chicks with 1911s are HOT! But 1911s don't mix well with tactical beards. Kind of like a hippie ordering a double bacon burger, some things are just not meant to go together.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My wife owns two 1911s. Chicks with 1911s are HOT! But 1911s don't mix well with tactical beards. Kind of like a hippie ordering a double bacon burger, some things are just not meant to go together.

With all the bearded wonders running around preaching how great training is (and it is), you would think one of them would wake up and realize how ridiculous they sound. Because apparently you can train your way to invincibility, but operating a manual safety and properly maintaining a firearm with a 100 year track record are tasks too difficult for the beard. Give me a break. Like I said, we all have our own decisions to make, and I won't criticize yours. But I like to have plenty of ammo. In a defensive situation I want to stop the threat, and the old Infantry doctrine is "suppression is accuracy and volume of fire." As few rounds as possible is ideal, but I'd like to have that capability available in a life or death situation. However criticizing a platform because of perceived reliability issues or lack of training on the manual of arms, please. Do your homework, buy a reliable pistol, maintain it to a combat ready level, and train with the dang thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cursory response to Beards McOperator.

1. Thank you for your service.

2. Limited mag capacity. Yep, it's true. But that means that the mags are flat and form to my body and are easy to handle when I am being all tactical like loading. It also means the weapon is flat and conforms to me so it conceals well for a full sized.

I am not fast roping into Ramadi. I am walking into a bookstore in West Lafayette.

3. Safety lever. Did your M4 come with said safety lever? Did you train past it or just rip the safety lever off the weapon and tell the Sgt. "this is what I'm doing, suck it"?

Do you teach shotgun at your Charge of the 300 School of Badassery? Did you use the safeties on your 870s or disable them?

4. Reliability. Sell your beard to Locks of Love and get yourself a Les Baer, Ed Brown, Volkmann, inter alia. Stop waving around that awful FLGR pistol and lecturing us about reliability. Geez.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom