• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    A big THANK YOU to these two fine gentlemen for giving of their time and knowledge. They hosted the recent Intro to Reloading session. Very informative and fun.

Redneckmedic said he would start a thread describing the event so I'll leave my comments there. I just wanted to let people know how they are supporting the INGO community!

Root

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    I didnt see this until tonight. I couldn't make this one anyway but if you decide to do it again I'd love to come.

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Hello. Very generous of you to offer this, I didn't see it until late, Thursday. May I ask, where are you able to find primers, either rifle or pistol?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    depending on the feedback i get from the four that were here, i might be doing another class.... so keep an eye out... the next one will be a weekend if there is one.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mock Appleseed Project Thanks

Big thanks to all those who attended last nights reloading class. It was a satifactory turnout with a fantastic review of handloads and Q&A. We will look at doing another class some time in the near future for those who a weekend will work for better.

reloadingclass1.jpg

reloadingclass2.jpg

Thanks again to:
    Indygunworks for hosting
    Redneckmedic: host
    Lovemywoods: attending
    amboran: attending
    zbornacSVT: attending
    rjbowden: attending​

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    redneckmedic and i also showed off our "evil" sniper rifles.... all that were there seemed to be please.... hopefully some of them will post up what they thought of it and some constructive critism to make the next class even better.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    It might help if you didn't live on the other side of a construction nightmare, lol.

I apologize again for showing up tardy. Class was exactly what I was looking for. Like it was said last night, it more or less de-mystified the process and gave me the confidence to jump in. Now if I can just find primers......

I did poke around last night looking for some deals on used Dillon 550 and 650 models. I found a couple, but wont get to excited until anything is secured. I may have a Lee Turrent press to offer up here soon....

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    zbornacsvt.... give me some goods and bads about the class.... would like to learn from this so the next group can get an even better class than what you guine pigs got.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    zbornacsvt.... give me some goods and bads about the class.... would like to learn from this so the next group can get an even better class than what you guine pigs got.

In reality I may not be the ideal person to ask this of. I am kind of the type that will jump in head first and figure out through trial and error. I was mainly after something to take the initial edge off of the subject, which I thought this accomplished. As far as I am concerned, the way the class was handled got the basics out of the way, but was open ended enough that had we chose to ask more questions, I have no doubt you would have had answers for us.

I would recommend that redneckmedic leave the beer on the counter next time.....:nono:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I was pleasantly impressed with all the info and explanations. Wife wondered why i would drive over an hour away for a "free" class-but trust me-i have no regrets.
    indygunworks has a first-rate setup(Dillon press) and the experience and knowledge to back it all up. I have been a shotgun shell reloader using a MEC 600 and was always careful around powder and primers,so i knew a basic how-to on reloading,but thought(and now know) that rifle shell reloading is quite different. Don't want to use too much bandwidth, but suffice it to say you will learn a lot.I had a lot of questions answered-now gotta decide how much to spend and where to setup in the garage................
    Thanks to redneckmedic too for his input-sniper rifles were awesome. Can't think of anything negative-maybe a carpeted garage floor:)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    thanks for posting amboran... i had no idea you drove an hour to get there, i really hope it was worth your time... if you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I had a great time at the class! It was exactly what I was looking for. I knew nothing about reloading. Even the pictures of the presses looked confusing. I wasn't sure I was wanting to take up reloading, but didn't know the first thing about it to make an informed decision.

The class had a good structure, with IndyGunWorks taking us step-by-step thorough the case preparation and reloading steps. He didn't dive into so much detail that you got lost.

He made liberal use of 'show and tell' by passing casings and parts around. He was very patient with all our questions.

He reviewed the additional steps you need to do for rifle rounds and very lightly touched on all the really obsessive tasks you can perform for those people who want to get into high-precision shooting. :D

I liked his discussion of cost of reloading and the current supply issues.

Redneckmedic added variety to the instruction by offering his views on several topics. [He also instructed the class to tell everyone that his sniper rifle was way cooler than IndyGunWorks' (just kidding)] :alcoholic:

IndyGunWorks was very candid about what products he likes and those he doesn't and backed up his opinions with specific reasons why.

The only suggestion to enhance the class would be to write up the standard reloading steps and some other key points and pass these out at the beginning of class. People could then track along and make notes in the margins.

IndyGunWorks may want to consider offering an intermediate class some day. This would be for those who have set up their reloading benches and have run a few thousand rounds of standard calibers. This next class could cover ideas and suggestions for becomming more efficient at reloading and information about moving into precision reloading.

Thanks to both IndyGunWorks and Redneckmedic. :thumbsup:

lovemywoods

(ps. Indy's fiance is a very patient lady. Treat her well!)

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thanks for the input... i was actually thinking about an outline but didnt want the class to be "formal"... i wanted it to be more of an open discussion which it was... i will do this for the next class and when i make it i will be sure to send copies to all those that were at my first one.
    and for the record... my sniper rifle is WAY better.

Top Bottom