• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    What, nobody has mentioned the Walther PPK? The one that I had was 100% reliable, and freakishly accurate. But, they aren't the smallest or, lightest.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Whoa.

Killing someone so they won't sue you?
    You need to rethink your strategy (and maybe your ethics??)
    Good luck, man.

A well placed .22 LR is a killer, same for a .380.

But honestly, I'm not sure why you'd want a .380 when there are plenty of reasonably prices pocket 9s.
    I dont see anywhere the words kill in my statement.Maybe some people jump to conclusions way too soon!

Last edited:

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    FWIW, I will occasionally carry a Kel Tec or a Ruger 380 pistol. Both are about the same. The Ruger looks a little nicer. Both function the same. Pull the trigger and they go bang.

:dunno: You need to brush up on your Indiana law. If you shoot someone and its a justified shoot in accord with the law, then the perp can NOT sue you if he survives, nor can his surviving family if he does not survive.
    Yes your right but the problem is, define justified and according to the law. Now factor in a jury full of gun haters.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Walter and Ruger both make good .380s, but if cost is a factor you will be happy with the Bersa Thunder. I cannot speak for KelTec as I do not own one. I have seen more negative reviews for the KT brand than other brands, so rightly or wrongly, I have stayed away from them. YMMV but I enjoy the Bersa

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Back when I was looking for a small carry gun and didn't have much to spend, made my way to 500 Guns and picked up an SMC 380 and have been very happy. It has never failed, feeds about anything and is very accurate. Have since graduated to a Glock 23, but still love the SMC. Wife has it now as it fits her hand well.

j.scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    I have a Bersa Thunder 380 and I really like it. I have shot Keltecs and Colts respectively and I like the Bersa. It's kind of a Walther copy. I've never handled a Walther, but I'm sure they are nice. The Bersa won't break the bank and mine is very accurate so far.

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I have had good luck with my Taurus TCP break in was a lil so so but after around 75~80 rounds its been running like a top I have ran around 250 rounds total paired with a desantis nemesis pocket holster its makes for a great deep concealment gun.

AdamHedman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    I had the LCP (with Crimson Trace) for a few weeks and hated it... Got the Sig P238 and its a lot better for those with large hands.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I was all set on carrying my PX 4 Storm .40 but we bought my Wife a Walther PK 380 at a gun show and it has to be one of the most comfortable guns I ever held, I liked it so much I bought another one after shooting hers and it is now my carry. As far as knock down power etc. Im sure the 40 will do more damage but I feel so much more comfortable using the pk 380, my groups are very tight vs the 40. Ive only shot at 25 yards (only local public gun range) and while I was on the target for the most part with the 40 but very accurate with this 380.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll add another recommendation for the Bersa 380. It's twice the gun that my PPK is, at half the price. My favorite 380 for pocket carry is a Sig P238, but you cannot call those cheap.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I'll add my vote for Bersa Thunder.too.My EDC for now. Has been rock solid dependable. Just make sure you try the different .380's on for size before you take anyone else's recommendations. One size does not fit all:) Some firearms just have that "right" feel and balance. For me its the Bersa Thunder....YMMV

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Have shot the P3AT, Bersa Thunder, Diamondback D380 and the Taurus TCP. if cost is your sole decider, I would run the Taurus. The NEWER Diamondback are an amazing platform. Took a while to cut their teeth and work thriugh their problems, but I think it was worth it

Top Bottom