• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    To all concerned Plainfield Shooting Supplies had 380,9mm,38,40,and 45's today at 5:30 p.m. There is a one box limit per caliber. But it is in stock and has a fair market price. So if you are looking............enjoy.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Isn't 50 rds. better than 0 rds.?:dunno:

Not really, when you consider what you spend in gas to go there, as most people who shop there don't live in Plainfield.

I sit here and think of how fast I'd shoot through 50 rounds. 3 magazines. I'd spend more time loading 50 rounds than shooting it.

I like Bob and PSS; but limiting to one box is absurd. It certainly isn't worth my time to make the trip to his store.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I wouldn't do it, then.

I sense a little sarcasm there.

I notice you're from Plainfield. You may notice I'm in Crawfordsville. Sarcasm aside, I think you might be able to understand my reasoning for not blowing 6 gallons of gas for 50 rounds. A $13 box of 9mm costing me a total of $26 with gas figured in.

Bob is a great guy; love him to death. But a one box limit isn't helping him at all. My last trip in there, I heard 7 people bitching about it. If one of those 7 stop going there to buy ammo, they may very well stop buying their guns there. Bob was seeing me 2-3 times a week for both guns AND ammo. Since a gun is a gun is a gun, and they can be mail ordered from the internet at cheaper prices than any local gun store can offer, tell me; what's the benefit of making the trip over there? Again, Plainfield isn't in my back yard like it is for you.

The last 3 guns I bought from Bob were a total of $130 more than I could have purchased online even with paying FFL transfers. His convenience of having it right then and there, coupled with a couple boxes of ammo per trip (or 4 boxes when I bring my wife) made it well worth it.

But since Bob can't offer anything to the consumer that Bud's Gun shop (for example) can - like warranty service - why not save some moolah and use that extra cash to buy ammo in quantities more than 50? I can wait 2 days for the gun to be shipped to me. And that $130 I'd have saved equals 500 rounds or more of ammo that I can't get from him (unless I make 10 separate trips)

Please don't anyone take this personally, but supporting the 'little guy' while throwing your money down the toilet doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I know where my money comes from, and I'd hate to look at a hundred dollar bill and say "damn, this is what it costs me this month for Bob to know me by name."

Customer service isn't that important if you think about it like that.

Top Bottom